mbondvegas

Skydive Las Vegas Removes Themselves From the DZ Listing?

Oh, God forbid I get a fact "sort of" wrong.

If you quote facts, they should not be "sort of" right. They should be absolutely right.

You post like you know Micheal...but you dont.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I just noticed today that Skydive Las Vegas is no longer in the DZ listing on this site.

I assume they did not think that the mostly negative reviews were beneficial to their business.

This kind of defeats the purpose of a review if the DZ can come here and delete them.:S

My thought exactly Spence!
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Your right, those ideas behind the discussion are unimportant, it's really the detailed minutae that's essential. Good thing Lincoln didn't accidentally say "Four score and six years ago". We might still have slavery.

I forget some of you have nothing better to do than sit on Dropzone 25 hours a day a always be more "right" than everyone else.

BTW, how do "post like" something? and further, how do you know I don't know Michael?

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

Your right, those ideas behind the discussion are unimportant, it's really the detailed minutae that's essential. Good thing Lincoln didn't accidentally say "Four score and six years ago". We might still have slavery.

I forget some of you have nothing better to do than sit on Dropzone 25 hours a day a always be more "right" than everyone else.

BTW, how do "post like" something? and further, how do you know I don't know Michael?

Well...I think the point is...Yes Michael and Brent have the right to conduct their business in a way that best serves their interest/goals.

BUT

Likewise, the public (that's US) has a right to voice our disdain for their business practices. Sort of like JT said...I respect a DZO's right to not allow fun jumping...but I also reserve my right to call him a dickhead.:P
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

There're a lot more mormons at this weekend than any other I think. You can tell because they ride up on bicycles.

little name tags and conservative haircuts? Yeah, we take that form for two years, but after our metamorphosis is complete, like Bozo said, you have to look under the hair for horns to tell em apart....
=========Shaun ==========

What????...Mesquite is in NV...not UTAH.

Barely.. hell the end of the runway is already in AZ.. and Utah is just a very short drive right up I-15.. like 20 miles.... I got the feeling when I was there it was THE place for those in Southern Utah to have a place to go be sinful for the weekend... let down the hair and party

Oh, God forbid I get a fact "sort of" wrong.
The point is he got sued due to fun jumpers and any business owner has the right to do whatever they want with their business.

and from Spence

So you think all funjumpers should be banned from dZs because some asshole sued?

If someone made an endeavour of yours very difficult, stressful, costly, and took all the fun out of it because of someone else's mistake, you probably wouldn't care to do it anymore either. Hmmm....

Point taken

The point Trey made was taken but did you see the reason I stated why the guy is a dickhead?:D

I've siad it many times on these forums He had every right to conduct business as he saw fit, but he's a dickhead for reasons I stated in those threads.:)

My photos

My Videos

There're a lot more mormons at this weekend than any other I think. You can tell because they ride up on bicycles.

little name tags and conservative haircuts? Yeah, we take that form for two years, but after our metamorphosis is complete, like Bozo said, you have to look under the hair for horns to tell em apart....

i can see it now..."The First Boggie of Latter Day Jumpers!" yes yes, I am joking, as in humor. :P After all, I was raised catholic...look at the crap those priests have pulled!

The point Trey made was taken but did you see the reason I stated why the guy is a dickhead?:D

I've siad it many times on these forums He had every right to conduct business as he saw fit, but he's a dickhead for reasons I stated in those threads.:)

And a selfish prick to get his rules applied statewide to boot.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What????...Mesquite is in NV...not UTAH.

Barely.. hell the end of the runway is already in AZ.. and Utah is just a very short drive right up I-15.. like 20 miles.... I got the feeling when I was there it was THE place for those in Southern Utah to have a place to go be sinful for the weekend... let down the hair and party

Sort of like the Saudis and Bahrain?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And a selfish prick to get his rules applied statewide to boot.

...He is also the same prick that set a precedent on fatality lawsuits brought against dropzones and the USPA. You can call him a prick because he chose to run *his business* in a profitable manner. You can call him a prick for the way he treated people. BUT, we all owe him for the $500,000 and three years he spent fighting a lawsuit from a family of a well known cameraman who died because of his decisions and bad luck. If he would have lost this lawsuit it would have opened the doors for MANY more and rendered the waiver useless.....but most of us don't want to talk about that.

[...He is also the same prick that set a precedent on fatality lawsuits brought against dropzones and the USPA. You can call him a prick because he chose to run *his business* in a profitable manner. You can call him a prick for the way he treated people. BUT, we all owe him for the $500,000 and three years he spent fighting a lawsuit from a family of a well known cameraman who died because of his decisions and bad luck..

Yes....thats all true.
Michael was a good instructor, ran a clean efficient operation. His gear was beyond nice.

I am someone that if you asked Michael I am still his friend so I feel I can say this truthfully.

In his years at the Boulder City Airport running Skydive Las Vegas he did more to hurt skydiving than the Skyride folks have yet to do.

I am not talking behind his back because I said this to his face on more than one occasion.

Michael Hawkes had the wherewithall and business sense to be the Larry Hill of Nevada but his paranoia blew it for him.

bozo

Trust me, I feel the same way about him. It was amazing the reception I got when I walked in looking like someone who showed up for a tandem. Then the 180 came when he found out I had thousands of jumps. I just think some (ie not all) skydivers hop on the f- him bandwagon because he didn't want the hassle of fun-jumpers and they don't know everything that went down.

This lawsuit was also another case of a USPA board member who performed questionable acts while representing the USPA....or their own agenda

Trust me, I feel the same way about him. It was amazing the reception I got when I walked in looking like someone who showed up for a tandem. Then the 180 came when he found out I had thousands of jumps. I just think some (ie not all) skydivers hop on the f- him bandwagon because he didn't want the hassle of fun-jumpers and they don't know everything that went down.

This lawsuit was also another case of a USPA board member who performed questionable acts while representing the USPA....or their own agenda

Well that Board member is a friend of mine too so I will reserve comment on that.

I was at SLV one day when Michael pissed off a group of doctors from the midwest.....experienced jumpers. He kicked em out the front door and locked it.....boy were they mad. They took a metal garbage can and tried to bash the DZ door in with it.
The cops came and just asked the doctors to leave saying this was a regular occurance at SLV.
I caught up with em and took em to Skydive Mesquite.

bozo