bigway

GEAR THEFT

Hello
I was interested in the message about Mirage G4/Sabre 2/PD 176(210 ftI)/Cypres 2/, ID:57580 as well. When I applied seller, replied Mr. Carlo Sisley who said that it is unavailable to send me copies of the rig's documents as everything are packed and prepared for a post. I only got Mirage No.4496, that according message http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=54470;d=1

12.01.2008 the seller replied that he had not sold the Mirage to another client, therefore he was ready to sell it for me for 1550$ or 1000 euro. He asked me to transfer money by Western Union and promised send the goods by FedEx.

Luckily I have found information about such kind of affairs and I think that the guy is doing bad things.

The guy's data -

Carlo Sisley

Via Moiariello 16, 80131, Napoli, Italy (I checked the address and found that it is INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Capodimonte)

well, aside from the fact that THAT particular rigs belongs to a guy in MASS - anybody who thinks that anybody would sell you a $4000 piece of gear for 1500 needs a reality check....

Pssst...that 1500 British pounds (a little over $2900 American at this mornings rates.)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Go with a good escrow service.

I guess all you guys missed David's post since you're still talking about using wire transfers, bank drafts and all that nonsense.

Those options should only be considered when dealing with a known, reputable skydiving-related business...and few of them would take those types of payments anyway.

K.I.S.S. - use an escrow. Many, many riggers will gladly provide the service for you for free.

Some of you guys are talking like newbies to the business world. Hire a Coach.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Go with a good escrow service.

I guess all you guys missed David's post since you're still talking about using wire transfers, bank drafts and all that nonsense.

Those options should only be considered when dealing with a known, reputable skydiving-related business...and few of them would take those types of payments anyway.

K.I.S.S. - use an escrow. Many, many riggers will gladly provide the service for you for free.

Some of you guys are talking like newbies to the business world. Hire a Coach.
:D:D

All manufacturers i deal with accept wire transfers.

Wire transfers and bank drafts are an excellent way to send money.

How many people would go to the trouble of setting up a dodgy bank account for a 'single time scam'.

If you wire someone money it is all recorded and documented to the persons i.d. If you wire someone money and they rip you off you then can have that person held accountable as it is easy to trace them

Banking is more secure than when you were earning money and banking back 99 years ago.:P

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

The problem with becoming a verified paypaller is that that AFAIK only US citizens can do that, at least we can't [:/]

ahhh... WRONG.

as per their agreement http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside

Netherland users can be VERIFIED

I bet you mean you cannot be CONFIRMED. I believe only USA/Canada/UK can have confirmed addresses
http://reviews.ebay.com/What-apos-s-Up-with-Paypal-Confirmed-Address_W0QQugidZ10000000004621608

well, aside from the fact that THAT particular rigs belongs to a guy in MASS - anybody who thinks that anybody would sell you a $4000 piece of gear for 1500 needs a reality check....

Pssst...that 1500 British pounds (a little over $2900 American at this mornings rates.)

Thanks, I know what GBP conversion is :)

I cannot recall this particular one - but many identical scams had ridiculously low prices. (most i remember are between 1500 and 2500 USD) Let's see... Mirage G4, Sabre2, PDR, Cypres2 0 if somebody tried to sell all this premium gear for fraction of the cost - how would you feel ?

BTW, I to have had people use WU to pay me, it was not an issue.

Keep in mind, WU has 3 levels of security - and the lowest level you do not need to show an ID - just need to know the passphrase. The levels are determined by the amount withdrawn.

The problem with becoming a verified paypaller is that that AFAIK only US citizens can do that, at least we can't [:/]

ahhh... WRONG.

as per their agreement http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside

Netherland users can be VERIFIED

I bet you mean you cannot be CONFIRMED. I believe only USA/Canada/UK can have confirmed addresses
http://reviews.ebay.com/What-apos-s-Up-with-Paypal-Confirmed-Address_W0QQugidZ10000000004621608

Um yeah, you're right that's what I meant. Some US sellers required that of us, kinda hard :S
Getting verified is easy which is why I probably forgot I ever did that :$

ciel bleu,
Saskia

>>To withdraw from western union you must have 100% i.d. so this must be his real name. <<

Be careful not to assume anything if you want to catch this guy (or guys, or girl, or girls, or guys AND girls). Not sure what you mean by "100% i.d.", but as we know all too well, ID's are easy to fake.

Maybe you should lay low and surf equipment sales online to see if he/she pops back up. These folks often make a few cursory changes to their names/locations/etc., and pull the same stunt again - especially after they find a degree of success, which they seem to have done in this case.

There's my 2 cents. I suggest you spend it with a reputable gear dealer.

Chuck

If you are ever going to buy second hand gear-especially from out of your own country you need to ask for serial numbers. If you do ask for a serial number and they give it to you, dont just be happy that they gave it to you and believe them, phone the manufacturer or even a distributor who could then find out who the original owner was, if it has been stolen, if it is meant to have been sold to a person in a different country than where you are buying it etc. It could give you more questions to ask the seller to verify information etc.

YES!

I was in the process of buying my first rig over the summer and came across a great "deal". Something seemed a bit odd though, so I asked some friends about it and they told me to get serials and call the manufacturers. Turns out the colors the manufacturer told me didnt match the ones in the pictures and when i called Cypres, they told me the number isnt even enough digits long!

So I called out the scammer and reported him. Good thing I checked the serials!!