JohnRich

Video: Corliss tries to BASE jump Empire State Building

"If you don't let me go, I'm going to fall and die"?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

judy

It looked to me like he either wasn't determined to jump or he was just being a complete pussy. Any athletic male could've shaken those lame-ass rent-a-cops and taken the jump. WTF??? It looked to me looks like he wasn't committed to the jump or had another agenda? Hmmmmmm.

Done a lotta ~fixed object~ jumps have ya?! :S

My Grandma makes really good pancakes! :D I don't. Gotta point, Chief? I can't shoot eggs outta my ass either, but I can tell a bad omelette, too.

Tell me--gently--how Corliss was "trying" to jump. You did see the vid, right? I stand by my "agenda or pussy" theory. He had wings. Why did he let himself be taken over by lame-ass rent-a-cops? He sure made sure that he had his helmet cam steady on those evil meanies trying to stop his jump. :S

Here's what I heard: "Thtop it, you big brutes--I'm gonna die if you don't let go of me. Thtop it--I MEAN it . . . " :D:D

ummm....because where he got caught wasn't where he could jump from, facing backward with people grabbing on.

There is a pronounced ledge 4 stories below that part of the building.

Ya might wanna make 1000 or so fixed object leaps prior to calling someone that has, a 'pussy'...:ph34r:

Till then, stick with learning pancakes from granny.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Tell me--gently--how Corliss was "trying" to jump. You did see the vid, right? I stand by my "agenda or pussy" theory. He had wings. Why did he let himself be taken over by lame-ass rent-a-cops? He sure made sure that he had his helmet cam steady on those evil meanies trying to stop his jump. :S

Here's what I heard: "Thtop it, you big brutes--I'm gonna die if you don't let go of me. Thtop it--I MEAN it . . . " :D:D

If you had read this thread you would have seen the discussion between Jtval and myself about setbacks on that building. Google for the articles about the suicide from ESB a year ago. They found the guys leg on the sidewalk, and the rest of him on top of a setback. Just maybe that wasn't how Jeb wanted his jump to end.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

"If you don't let me go, I'm going to fall and die"?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

judy

It looked to me like he either wasn't determined to jump or he was just being a complete pussy. Any athletic male could've shaken those lame-ass rent-a-cops and taken the jump. WTF??? It looked to me looks like he wasn't committed to the jump or had another agenda? Hmmmmmm.

Done a lotta ~fixed object~ jumps have ya?! :S

My Grandma makes really good pancakes! :D I don't. Gotta point, Chief? I can't shoot eggs outta my ass either, but I can tell a bad omelette, too.

Ok, it's a fact that he was on the other side, and he knew the guards are right behind him - how do comfortable do you think it is KNOWING that you need a SOLID HARD push at launch - and knowing that any second somebody can grab your ankles and YOU WILL DIE ?

seriosuly, stop talking out your ass. Omlettes, Pancackes, Apples, Oranges - are NOT BASE jumps.

IF and when you make some REAL (non potato bridge) BASE jumps, I think you will look back and call yourself an idiot.

If you had read this thread you would have seen the discussion between Jtval and myself about setbacks on that building.

Dude, It never even dawned on me that Jeb could have been a pussy. Maybe the eggshooter is on to something.:D
My photos

My Videos

To request a permit and then to go ahead and plan to avoid security

I didn't suggest that. If it seemed to you (or anyone else) that is what I would advise, it was not my intention.

This sort of vagueness should be reserved for Speaker's Corner.

I agree. I decided it wasn't worth pursuing (at the well-made point of a friend).

In a nutshell, I don't think he should have done it. But, since he did know he was "doing something wrong" (regardless of being cleared of wrongdoing, or why would there be a need for a disguise?) he should be willing to accept the consequences of his actions. Security was doing their job. It's not their job to know Corliss planned on tracking to the next building. It's not their job to know what tracking is. I could go on, but I think that's enough.

Edit: Also--again "tit for tat" as kelpdiver mentioned. I'd be interested to see if those who support Corliss' $30M lawsuit would support a simliar, non-skydiving related lawsuit.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.