Amazon

What Dropzones in the USA are NOT affiliated with the USPA.

Can you see Bill going for that?

I would say Lodi, but I heard on Sunday that a bunch of jumpers decided to buy them a group membership. Maybe it was just a false rumor.

I would love to be there when someone tells Bill that they bought a USPA membership for his DZ. For some reason I dont think that would fly with bill.

I think Bill would see the humor in that. But do get video if anyone is going to tell him.

I carry a USPA membership just since I've seen the insurance pay out for events at the non-GM DZ you know about. It pays 100% of incidents provided it is not during a demo or basically a FAR violation event.

I can guess who says the USPA won't pay out but I know for a fact that it does and those people are just spreading FUD that they know little about.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

This information directly contradicts what I have been told by many members of a certain non-member DZ for many years, who I ASSumed knew what they were talking about. The statement always made was that paying our $50 a year was even more pointless there because the only benefit (the insurance) wouldn't even cover us. I'm betting many of the people who told me this made the same assumption about someone else, and like me didn't check the fine print.

Seems I've been caught up in a bit of anti-USPA propoganda, and I am a pro-USPA guy. Those people with 100 jumps who are ranting up a storm about USPA ought to check their info.

The program has changed many times, and even folks "in the know" are often working from old information. It may be an accident based on prior knowledge, so don't get too angry about it.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

The program has changed many times, and even folks "in the know" are often working from old information. It may be an accident based on prior knowledge, so don't get too angry about it.

Also a good point. And yeah, the language came off a little harsh... wasn't really out there to project anger but I guess it came off that way. In the words of my little sister, "Alright, calm down people, let's all make a snowman."

Phree, I'm racking my brain trying to remember a time that insurance was needed out there and I can't, but I believe you.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Phree, I'm racking my brain trying to remember a time that insurance was needed out there and I can't, but I believe you.

I believe there was an injury in a cornfield and the insurance paid the farmer for the damage done to crops by the rescue people. That's the one off the top of my head I can remember.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Don't forget the idiot that flew into the temp powerline at that new house construction and we needed the power company to come restore the connection on a Saturday since the construction crew was working. The USPA was sent the bill for that one was what I was told.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

A skydiver knocked out power after hitting power lines in Siloam Springs several years ago. One of the customers affected was a turkey farmer and all his turkey's died because there was no power to ventilate the turkey barns. USPA insurance took care of it... tens of thousands of dollars.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didnt know turkeys couldnt live without power!
He should of had a generator if it was that crucial. What if a storm knocks his power out? That story just doesnt sound right. I farm catfish and i rely on power. we have redundant systems in place though.
something about this tale is fowl.:D

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.