steveorino

reserve ride stickers

I was in a big athletic dept. store the other day. While looking for something else I spotted those award stickers football coaches give to players for big hits, interceptions, fumble recoveries, TDs, etc. These were skull & crossbones. I bought a set and put 5 on my helmet for the 5 reserve rides I had (3 tandems -- 2 personal rig). One of my buds asked for two to put on his helmet for his rides.

I wonder if this is a bad idea? ;) Well, truthfully, I don't care but I was curious to opinions. B|

steveOrino

I like it!

It would open the conversation for EP's being done right!

Of course it would also open the packing class debate too!:P at least for my 2 stickers!

I'll own up to two of the reserve rides. One was my own packing error, the other was another skydiver who pulled my D handle loose when we did a "horny gorilla". Since I planned that dive I take claim. The others were tension knots on a tandem, and a gazillion line twist on a tandem that I could not clear. (I'm sure itwas the tandem student's body position that caused it. ;)) The last one on my sport rig was a double walk through that was packed by a packer who packed it after another vidiot borrowed my rig for a back to back video.

either way ... I have five. I hope I never look like a QB from Ohio State though! :S:):P

steveOrino

My last reserve ride was from a packer who pack a step through. It was her last weekend at our DZ and I still dont know how you pack something like that. I really should go through my video and post it up.

Odd thing is, that I felt bad because she packed a mal for me.:S

She had packed my rig AT LEAST 100 times before and had packed Hundreds of rigs at our dz with no bad issue.

My normal routine was to do some work bring the rig in lay it down, go edit video.

If they got to it before I had a chance than they packed it. if they were super busy I would get to it.

after that she stopped packing so I asked her "do you wanna pack for me still?"

and she was surpirsed and said "If you trust me to."

I told her something like I only got one more rig and I gotta do some work so if you do have to pack a mal It'd be cool.

Since it was their last weekend I gave her a rather decent tip.

My photos

My Videos

Yea, the lines were bumblefucked.

Main would even open.
a "clean" step through should really be no big deal but my right side was twisted around the left.

You should post that video! That was an ugly step through! Be sure to slow it down at the part when the bridle hits you in the face! :P

Oh...but back on topic. I think that would be a cool tradition!
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

To Steve an JT, were the step through's unlandable? I've had about a 1/2 dozen, but never cut one away.

Mine was. I followed an IAD student so I threw at 2500 or so. I saw it ... steered right and left with risers then practiced a flare. Everything was okay. then about 1700 I turned right and the stiletto went into a spin. I thought for a second or two about trying to straighten it out then thought it would be better to cut. You never know. :S

steveOrino

That is a great advertising idea for riggers.
They could issue helmet stickers for every reserve "save."

"This skydiver saved by a reserve packed by Riggerrob!"

But make it politically correct.
Oh! And make it intuitive ... something like a picture of a reserve ripcord.

One of my friends (PsychoBob :P) started writing his reserve ride #'s on his reserve handle with a sharpie. Plus he wrote "Rick Saves" (his rigger) or something to that effect somewhere. Not sure if the numbers are the jump # he had his reserve ride on or Rick's "save" number. It's pretty cool.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Did it not fly well with a step through? My experience has been that they fly just fine.

EDIT - My bad.. .should have kept reading the posts following yours.

My last reserve ride was from a packer who pack a step through. It was her last weekend at our DZ and I still dont know how you pack something like that. I really should go through my video and post it up.

Odd thing is, that I felt bad because she packed a mal for me.:S

She had packed my rig AT LEAST 100 times before and had packed Hundreds of rigs at our dz with no bad issue.

My normal routine was to do some work bring the rig in lay it down, go edit video.

If they got to it before I had a chance than they packed it. if they were super busy I would get to it.

after that she stopped packing so I asked her "do you wanna pack for me still?"

and she was surpirsed and said "If you trust me to."

I told her something like I only got one more rig and I gotta do some work so if you do have to pack a mal It'd be cool.

Since it was their last weekend I gave her a rather decent tip.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and shouting,
".... holy crap....what a ride!"