skydiverek

---> $3,600 for the rig - is this a GOOD PRICE???

Hi there,

I saw an ad for the rig, and the seller is asking $3,600 (U.S. dollars):

Infinity I-44 manuf. Feb 2002 --- 120 jumps
Spectre 190 manuf. May 2001 --- 120 jumps
PD-R 176 manuf. May 2001 --- 2 jumps
Cypres 1 (Expert) manuf. Feb 2001 --- needs a 4-year check and batteries

What is it worth, if not $3,600 ?

Appreciate your responses!

Blue Skies!

You could buy a brand new custom made wings container with all options and brand new main and reserve with a second hand cypres for no more than $4500usd.

Just something for you to compare the price to.

It is a fair asking price.
I would offer them $3000usd

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Something to consider here: this cypres is now 7 years old. I'm assuming you're saying it has not had it's 4 year check that was supposed to have been done 3 years ago? I think there was a thread in the gear and rigging forum talking about Airtec requiring that the 8 year check be done if it reaches that age or riggers won't repack the reserve. If that is true, you'll be paying for the 4 year check now, and then the 8 year check a year from now. Just something to think about. Like Bigway and Billvon said, offer $3000, and if the seller wants more, bring that cypres fact up and how much it'll cost you to bring it up to date. Do the research though, I'm not certain what I said here is the truth.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Billvon,
Why do you rate the price of the reserve so high? I know it is a perfect reserve with only 2 jumps on it but the D.O.M. is getting on.
Considering there are other reserves (diff brands) that retail at under the $1000usd mark, It sparks my interest as to why you value the reserve at only $150 less the cost of a brand new 2008 reserve but diff manufacturer.

I know you support PD but i do not think that is the reason, So i ask you to learn from you.

I personaly value the cypres a bit higher and the reason is for this guy lives in Europe so he would have a hard time finding a cypres in europe under 250 gbp ($500usd).

If the rig gets bought at the $3000 mark it would be a great buy for anyone who lives in Europe.

Thanks,

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

>Why do you rate the price of the reserve so high?

Because they are basically commodity items that work as well used as new. (And because that's the going price around here for a used PD reserve.)

>I know you support PD but i do not think that is the reason . . .

Actually, PD reserves depreciate slightly FASTER than most other reserves, since they have a life limit and most other reserves do not. A typical PD reserve in a rig that is in service 100% of the time has a lifetime of about 13 years before it has to go back for a mandatory inspection.

A reserve like a Smart does not have such a limitation, and thus potentially has a longer service life.

OTOH many people consider PD reserves the "gold standard" and thus they can fetch a slightly higher price than an equivalently sized Smart.

>I personaly value the cypres a bit higher and the reason is for this guy lives in Europe . . .

That might indeed be a consideration. I just went with the standard depreciation calculation.

Doesnt sound like a bad deal i bought my rig for 1500 for a mirage M3 G4 DOM 98, with a pd 160

also purchased a sabre 170 DOM 92 for 500

then bought a brand new cypres from my DZ. So altogether with repack and fixing a few small things it was around 3k while my gear is slightly order, (not knowing how many jumps yours has)

my cypres is good for a LONG time

If you can go to the USA and pick up (and try it on?) the rig, it's a fairly good price, about 2500 EUR, better than what you can buy here for sure. If you ship it it'll get quite more expensive, may still be a good deal though.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Shipping will be about $400usd to $450.unless you have a shipping account that can be used.

Shipping of a container and reserve from the states to the UK without a shipping account is around $340usd.
With a shipping account it is around $140 with full rig. So to poland the price will not be much different. I estimate about $440usd from the states to poland.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

$2500US - $2800US

You can match these prices with a bit of looking and patience. The general rule is, the more you are in a hurry or lazy in your research, the more $ you will spend.

Kevin K.

Shipping will be about $400usd to $450.unless you have a shipping account that can be used.

Shipping of a container and reserve from the states to the UK without a shipping account is around $340usd.
With a shipping account it is around $140 with full rig. So to poland the price will not be much different. I estimate about $440usd from the states to poland.

Gary, the rates you are quoting are for UPS or FEDEX or DHL. Using a carrier service from US Post Service (USPS) "Express Mail (EMS)" would be about $140 to anywhere in the world, ( I have shipped to the UK, Germany, Austarla, etc) and 5-10 days.No account required

Hi there,

Blue Skies!

Have the seller ship to a rigger and have the rigger inspect the equipment and give you an estimate of what he or she thinks that it is worth.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Hi there,

Blue Skies!

Have the seller ship to a rigger and have the rigger inspect the equipment and give you an estimate of what he or she thinks that it is worth.

and that would be ONE persons opinion. Last time I checked we use riggers to INSPECT/REPAIR/REPACK - not appraise. Many riggers dont sell and dont care to sell gear. Make sure yours is "in the loop" as far as prices go :)

Gary, the rates you are quoting are for UPS or FEDEX or DHL. Using a carrier service from US Post Service (USPS) "Express Mail (EMS)" would be about $140 to anywhere in the world, ( I have shipped to the UK, Germany, Austarla, etc) and 5-10 days.No account required

Thanks for that info. it is good to know.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store