CSpenceFLY

Announcement of Board Vacancy Mideastern Regional Director

Posted in another thread. Does anyone have a canidate in mind?

Announcement of Board Vacancy (updated 01/24/08)

Due to a resignation, there is a vacancy on USPA’s Board of Directors for the position serving as Mideastern Regional Director. At the upcoming meeting, the board intends to elect someone to fill the position for the remainder of the term, which ends December 31, 2008. Section 3-1.3 of USPA’s Governance Manual specifies that a potential candidate must have been a member in good standing for not less than one year immediately prior to the year of candidacy, must be at least 18 by June 1, and must reside in USPA’s Mideastern Region. A potential candidate must secure a nomination by any member of the board.

Yep, I've already contacted a National Director with my thoughts since I am a member of the region. I encourage all members of the MidEast region to contact the BOD with their thoughts and to submit their resume if they would like it. :)
No matter who is selected somebody will be pissed about it.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

And for those who may not even know their regions ... Mideast includes Indiana, Michigan (though not, apparently, the Upper Peninsula - are there even any skydivers up there?), Ohio, and West Virginia. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Oh God! Here we go again...........Stratostar, why don't you do the honors. I'm sure it will make you feel good.

I'm curious too. I know there have been a lot of DZ politics up in that area lately, with so many DZ's around and Kip running the newest one. But I haven't actually seen or heard of anything that would cause Kip to resign his position. Has this been discussed in the forums before? If so, where?

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I'm curious too. I know there have been a lot of DZ politics up in that area lately, with so many DZ's around and Kip running the newest one.

Sounds like you're wondering / implying that Kip's resignation might be because he manages a new DZ and is under some political pressure. That's bullshit.

AFAIK, Kip is resigning because he took a 12 year old on a tandem without a waiver and then tried to file a waiver after the fact to cover his ass and he got busted doing it.

Discussion here:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2995711;search_string=worst;#2995711
Owned by Remi #?

Yes, I did a under age tandem, but I did not try to submit paperwork after the fact. John Hart submitted a thread a while ago talking about the issue. Between managing a new dz, conducting courses and the politics of USPA have decided that I will step down. Just like this statement that was made, the facts are not out there and it is the way the EC conducts business. And I don't want to be part of it. If you want to talk about it call me.
AFFI-E, Tandem I-E, S/L I-E, IAD I-E, Coach I-E
Students are our future teach them well

the facts are not out there and it is the way the EC conducts business.

Kip,

With whatever respect you might be due.... why didn't you attempt to communicate this information to the people who elected you? If the facts aren't out there then why aren't they?

Edit to add: If you want to talk about it, do it right here in public. No need for a private call.
Owned by Remi #?

Posted in another thread. Does anyone have a canidate in mind?

Announcement of Board Vacancy (updated 01/24/08)

Due to a resignation, there is a vacancy on USPA’s Board of Directors for the position serving as Mideastern Regional Director. At the upcoming meeting, the board intends to elect someone to fill the position for the remainder of the term, which ends December 31, 2008. Section 3-1.3 of USPA’s Governance Manual specifies that a potential candidate must have been a member in good standing for not less than one year immediately prior to the year of candidacy, must be at least 18 by June 1, and must reside in USPA’s Mideastern Region. A potential candidate must secure a nomination by any member of the board.

As I read it - and i just skimmed -
It really doesn't matter what we want - (not that I'm in that area)
It is up to the BOD . . .

I guess you could lobby for it -
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun