madhatter

Dallas powerline landing

He is fine. It is thought that he wasn’t actually shocked, simply that the power lines “buzzed” when he hit them and the local witnesses presumed he had been shocked. He was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure and released upon arrival.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Fannin County Sheriff, Kenneth Moore, said he didn't know if the parachutist simply missed his target when landing. Moore reported the man was in good condition while on scene. He was, however, taken by air ambulance to Parkland Hospital in Dallas for further observation.

No i'm pretty sure he meant to land in the power lines. Reporters at their best. Glad the guy is alright.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I had a friend take a round reserve into some lines. He was going behind a building across the street and we say the round light up like a flash bulb. We figured when we got to him he would be toast. He didn't get any shock and landing fine but the canopy had door size holes blown in it.:o

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Yeah this guy wasn't hurt at all. I am sure it wasn't much fun sitting 10 to 15 feet off the ground waiting for the power company to shut off the power, while talking to police and firemen. That was a huge audience for a dumb mistake by a rookie. There is plenty of empty fields around Skydive Dallas. How he ended up in power lines instead of the middle of one of those fields?! [shrug] Oh well;)

Haha! Yeah, I was on that jump plane too...that was insane! It looked like the entire town of Whitewright was out there for him. Poor guy. At least he'll have a good story. Glad to hear he's ok for the most part...
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

Fannin County Sheriff, Kenneth Moore, said he didn't know if the parachutist simply missed his target when landing. Moore reported the man was in good condition while on scene. He was, however, taken by air ambulance to Parkland Hospital in Dallas for further observation.

For someone in "good condition" he must have been pretty shaken up not to refuse the air ambulance, wonder if he knows what that ride's gonna cost him? Gotta pay the power company for shutting down too :|