pan

Do you leave your gear laying out at your DZ

I leave my gear in the DZ all day while I'm jumping (duh). I lock my gear in the car overnight and bring it home with me on the weekends. I try not to leave it in the car because I've read too many stolen gear reports that gear was taken out of cars. I'm tenative to leave it in the hanger because of articles that I've read about hangers burning down. I can't risk losing equipment I can't afford to replace.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

Most gear I've known to be stolen from cars has been in driveways, residential streets, or outside of bars, the usual places for car prowls. Camping at a boodie, the trunk would be the safest place, and lots of people around watching.

John, I just have to ask.....

What's a boodie??? :):P

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

...John, I just have to ask.....

What's a boodie??? :):P

I think he misspelled Booty. Fits well with the references to "trunk" and "lots of people around watching".

At home DZ?
Rig usually out on a rack during the day and always put back into my room after last jump.

Visiting other DZ?
Rig usually out on a rack during the day and always put in car or locked in local DZ gear room.

At Hotels, etc?
ALWAYS in the room with me no matter how inconvenient.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

i dont think anything except club-jackets have ever been stolen at our DZ. and most likely, those were just mistaken as theirs. still a bummer with a relatively expensive jacket.

other than that, i even leave my wallet or sunglasses laying around. not a single thing has ever been missed.

pretty cool, uh!? B|

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

At our home DZ, I always try to get repacked ASAP and get things out of the way for others to pack and so they don't "accidentally" walk all over it. Especially the 'whuffos' and students. I also like to get it put away after the last jump so the "drunken morons" and chemically dependent don't adversely affect it with their antics.

At boogies, repacked immediately and hung on our patented "Wilhelm racks" in the sun shade canopy. ALWAYS locked in the trunk at the end of the day and taken into the motel room immediately upon arrival there.

I once saw a jumper stomp on a mouse running across the hanger floor and spoo blood all over a canopy, not to mention the beer, whiskey, wine , pop and other "accidents" that routinely happen throughout the weekend.

My gear floats around a bit during the day. Its either in the packing shed or hanging up somewhere or uh... literally floating around up in the air. :DB|

After the last load it gets dropped to be packed and then at some point I go put it away in my locker. Haven't really had any problems with that methodology.

For some reason though, my camera gear promptly makes it to my locker in the staff locker room after every use. That is mostly because wuffos are more likely to pick up a camera.

~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

hehehe - you just figured this out NOW?
Boy, some of you kids are slow.......

Last pack job of the day is always the longest......

I'd never lay my canopy down.

Have a :D

Untwist and set my brakes.

Cock pilot chute and unstow slider.

Have a :D or two cuz the next step is long unless a friend helps you... :)

Do all the upright stuff and then lay canopy down.

Get the air out, fold and put in bag with at least one stow.

Do the rest taking :D breaks whenever.

Hmmm, maybe that's why the ol' school guys flat pack, they can take :D breaks at any point. :P

Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

Man, I feel guilty responding to this thread because I am horrible about cleaning up my gear. I hardly ever pack after the last jump of the day.. my rig sits, quite regularly, over night in the hangar, unpacked.. yeah. My helmet, goggles, alti and jumpsuit don't really get much better treatment.

I do have times where I feel I should be more protective of my shit. I just HATE to pack at the end of the day, although like another poster said, in the morning and hungover sucks just as bad. I live at the DZ a lot during the season so bringing it into the trailer just doesn't happen. I'm around so much and just figured that all of the regulars that I know are around would never take it, and probably keep an eye on it as I do with their gear.

At the end of the weekend everything comes home with me. And I NEVER leave my rig in the car, ever.