pan

Do you leave your gear laying out at your DZ

not as a rule

it may lay out for a short time, til i can pack...

( video guys are easily kept busy with .... well VIDEO.. )

but once packed, it's outta the sun, for sure and likely into the van, til the next load...

I NEVER leave my rig at the DZ, have never used a locker there, and surely never forget it,
leaving it laying out on a packing carpet, or anywhere.... overnight....

isn't that "rig abuse"???;):)
.. the chance of loss is too great...

IF i am at a different DZ,,, I try my best to keep allll my things together,,, may leave stuff out,,, in the shade,, while still actively jumping for the day... But i do put all my toys away... before the beer light comes on..

jmy

I'm famous for leaving my shit everywhere but if I'm at an away DZ then I keep everything in my bags and the bags in my car or another safe place.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I usually pack my main as soon as I land. Then set it near my gear bag until I jump again. NEVER leave it out overnight, I always lock it in the car if I'm not going home. I suppose it still could be stolen from the car, but it's far less likely.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I leave it in the hangar or packing tent with my gear bag during the day, but I always bring it home with me at the end of the day. At boogies, I always bring it up to my hotel room, even though it'd be so much easier to leave it in the car.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

At boogies, I always bring it up to my hotel room, even though it'd be so much easier to leave it in the car.

Good advise...I ALWAYS take it out of the car and into the room, at a demo it can be a real hassle with literally 1/2 ton of gear...but not as much hassle as losing it.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I don't leave it lying around once I'm done for the day - haven't done any boogies yet, but the idea of my gear being far away from me is a little unsettling - I'd rather have it in my room where I could see it, or at the very least in my locked car. Not that I think anybody at my DZ (or any DZ for that matter) would mess with it, but even still - would you just leave $6k in cash laying around?
"We'll start the ass kissing with you"

I suppose it still could be stolen from the car, but it's far less likely.

It can be. It happened to me. :|

Well, that sucks, but I only leave it in my car when I'm camping. Usually park right next to my tent. Not much else I can do with it, and I feel like that's the safest place for it. Skymama had a good point, if I'm staying at a hotel I take it into the room. Always.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Well... it looks like what you mean is, "Do you leave your gear laying out at your DZ over night?"

Over night... me, no, never! Goes with me in my car whether I'm coming back again the next day, going to a hotel & returning to the DZ the next day or even staying at the DZ.

In between jumps... its kinda hard not to leave your gear laying out... even though it wouldn't take but a minute for someone coming by to swipe something, its best not to leave your shit unattended for long even in between jumps. I once wish I hadn't left my gear laying out in between jumps when after a jump, I got down, packed up and went to take a picture of the C121 a bunch of us had just jumped only to return to find that my rig had been stolen... :(

I pack it up cuz packing in the morning when hungover sucks... B|

I'll leave my gearbag and rig out in the hangar for the weekend (unless it will be a huge party) but I jump old (but safe) guttergear. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Years ago, I wouldn't have worried about it, though I never left my rig with anyone but my rigger and it's almost always been within sight, any other time. Nowadays, there are too many new people and many are infrequent or one-timers. I keep a tight watch on my rig....between me, my wife or a buddy...somebody's always got an eye or hand on it.
"T'was ever thus."

I suppose it still could be stolen from the car, but it's far less likely.

When I'm finished with jump for the day. I always bring my rig in restaurant for dinner. I wouldn't have risk to leave it in car. Because it worth almost $4,000!
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

I pack it up cuz packing in the morning when hungover sucks...

Yeah, no SHIT! And some of my best openings have been after the ones I packed late the night before after several beers!!

:o

Wait! Did I say that out loud!??

I didn't mean it!

I would never pack my main after enjoying several adult beverages... nope... me... never... that would be bad and wrong.

:)

:P

:D

:|

[replyWell, that sucks, but I only leave it in my car when I'm camping.

Most gear I've known to be stolen from cars has been in driveways, residential streets, or outside of bars, the usual places for car prowls. Camping at a boodie, the trunk would be the safest place, and lots of people around watching.

I'd never lay my canopy down.

Have a :D

Untwist and set my brakes.

Cock pilot chute and unstow slider.

Have a :D or two cuz the next step is long unless a friend helps you... :)

Do all the upright stuff and then lay canopy down.

Get the air out, fold and put in bag with at least one stow.

Do the rest taking :D breaks whenever.

Hmmm, maybe that's why the ol' school guys flat pack, they can take :D breaks at any point. :P

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I have heard of some bad stuff happening to rigs that are left laying around, mostly overnight.

Luckily I dont have to worry about it. I have an equipment manager. I just throw my rig down and she packs it or daisy chains it and puts it away. then she runs a head cleaner tape through my cameras and cleans the lenses. then puts them away.

you guys jealous??????? yea ......you should beB|;):D:P

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

As a video guy i'm lucky in that i have a video hut where i edit and that's where all my gear stays when it's not in use. If it's not on my back it's with my packer or in my hut.

That said, before i started jumping camera i would happily pack myself and then put it in or near my gear bag which was left out on the open under our shade netting. Thankfully we are a pretty close knit DZ and everyone knows who everyone so thankfully, knock on wood we haven't had any incidents of theft that i know of.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky