happythoughts

Otter Bite

Otter Bite is that nasty shoulder impact on the tail side of the door.

A lot of times, there are 3 in the door on an Otter and then they all try to cut the corner. Then, the pilot-side diver pushes the tail-side diver into the door frame. I've seen a lot of shoulder injuries from that.

If the front divers come straight out, they really don't lose any time. With a good exit, they get to the formation just as fast. :)
It never hurts to remind people on the ground.
It is handy knowledge to mention to new people.
:)

[snip]

It is handy knowledge to mention to new people.
:)

Don't you put the new people in the suicide position? They learn faster that way not to cut the corner!! ;););)

The one who cuts the corner is usually not the one pushed into the door frame.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Otter? Is that the big one with a couple a engines? We don't see none of them 'round these 'er parts. Maybe I can get a "cessna Bite." Ya know, like, that little red lump you get on your ass from accidentally sitting on the seatbelt hookup for 30+ minutes on the way up.....:)

=========Shaun ==========

Sometimes even after repeated coaching of the front diver to launch out instead of down, they still fail to get the concept. When this occurs and I am unable to secure a different slot than rear diver for myself, I find launching forward HARD, driving the center diver into the forward diver and thus driving the forward diver into the forward door frame, seems to solve the issue.

I've never had it take more than one exit with the above technique to effect change.:ph34r:B|

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

...Don't you put the new people in the suicide position? They learn faster that way not to cut the corner!! ;););)

Great idea! They get a first-hand look of what happens when someone cuts the corner.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

last summer I had a Caravan bite my poptop.

Very strange sensation to be stopped dead in the door by your reserve PC. Spent the first 5 or 10 seconds trying to figure out if my rig was alright [:/]

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

A lot of times, there are 3 in the door on an Otter and then they all try to cut the corner. Then, the pilot-side diver pushes the tail-side diver into the door frame. I've seen a lot of shoulder injuries from that.

I got a VERY nasy door bite down my ribs and hip two week ago after getting forced into the trail edge of the otter door and I'm still hurtin. Great post.
Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

I got a VERY nasy door bite down my ribs and hip two week ago after getting forced into the trail edge of the otter door and I'm still hurtin. Great post.

Just a note for the people who don't know you, you are a pretty good sized guy. This isn't just a problem for the 100 lb girl. It happens for 200 lb guys too.

When the 100 lb person gets tossed into tail-side diver by the prop blast, it will still hurt the biggest person.

They need to understand that good technique will get them to the formation just as fast.