Thanatos340

USPA - Jan Meyer Impeachment??

Like everything else in life, people take on a different dynamic in real-person vs internet or print. I was very impressed with a couple of people that I hadn't expected to be impressed with, and less than bowled over with a couple of people that I had previously been impressed with. And I'm sure that I left some of the same impressions with a few of them, too. We likely all did.

Well said, I agree. I actually kind of enjoyed the closed door session, gave a group of us a chance to have a long lunch and generated some good discussion. One of the most interesting discussions I was involved in during the meetings anyway, with a group of other USPA general members who cared enough to show up to the board meeting. I was sorry I didn't see you back at the meeting Sunday, the close-out plenary session had some good discussion & information too.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I would have liked to have been. Between fighting with the airline about my return ticket, and being needed for a camera problem elsewhere...it sort of ate my day.
It was terrific sitting with you, Krissanne, JP, everyone else for lunch (and seeing you guys at Zhills), I wish I'd arranged my Sunday better.
Overall, I've got to say that I was mildly disappointed in the board process, having attended a lot of these in the past, but also understand that this session was likely quite different from others.

Well, I hope you made it home okay!

I was much more satisfied with how the process went Sunday. I didn't get to see the end of the meeting, as I had to leave at 2, but Sunday was much more interesting (on my part) than Friday. I wasn't disappointed with the GMM on Friday either, although the rest of the day was a bit frustrating.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

This post does NOT represent USPA views.
It is a personal post made by me.

As you would expect, I am not at liberty to discuss details of what happened last Friday.

I will leave you with this consideration:

There are many posts here that lambast manufacturers or national organizations or certain individuals. These posts are not considered PAs. They purport to state facts and a person's evaluation of their experience with a company, organization or individual.

What if, a mfg or national organization or individual said to Sangiro, 'Hey - you need to take down that post #123456 that says something I don't like about me.'

I am not talking about copyright issues here. Many times I've asked Sangiro to remove posts that were in copyright violation of my articles. He did remove posts that were in blatant violation of my copyrights.

I am talking about each individual's right to say what they believe to be true. At least in the US, this right still exists to the best of my knowledge.

An entity, whether an organization, company or another individual, does not have the right to censor what you have to say. DZ.com mods may censor the way you state your opinion, but they cannot and do not censor the content of your missive.

There are many unjust accusations against me regarding the Skyride et al v. USPA lawsuit. I do not have a copy of the settlement agreement. I have read it twice, this past weekend. The fiasco trial that occurred last Friday happened before I even had an opportunity to read the agreement the first time in its entirety. I was denied legal representation.

I wish I could let you in on the details, but at this point in time, it is not a prudent position.

In the long run you will realize that just about every USPA board member does not and did not like the activities of Skyride et al. Yet they wanted to dump the reason for the lawsuit on my shoulders. The reasons for the lawsuit are very far from my outspoken views on Skyride et al. I cannot disclose details at this time. The fact is that the USPA board removed the membership of persons associated with Skyride et al. It was not one person that did that. The lawsuit was precipitated by this action.

I thank everyone that supported me via email, phone or in person.
I truly thank those that supported me onsite before, during and after the fact of the fucked up alleged USPA trial that was supposedly presented to protect the rights of the accused.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

>An entity, whether an organization, company or another individual,
>does not have the right to censor what you have to say. DZ.com mods
>may censor the way you state your opinion, but they cannot and do not
>censor the content of your missive.

Actually, we do just that. We will edit posts to remove ads, personal attacks, threats and gratuitous references to (or jokes about) pedophilia. Posting here indicates acceptance of the potential for these actions on our part.

Jan,

As I said, I made the trip solely in support of you and was thoroughly prepared to make an ass of myself in the meeting if they had done what they had wanted. It is too bad that we the members are not going to have access to the details of whatever process took place in that closed door meeting. I for one would like to know this before I vote.

Sorry I did not return on Sat. I had a few things planned during this trip and quite honestly had my fill after Mr. Worth had his little out burst toward the end of the meeting. Incidentally, anyone that thinks the internet or DZ.com is a valid form of communication might think twice about voting for Mr. Worth. He surely has a poor opinion of us and see those of us seeking truth and accountability as pot stirrers.

Jan, I'm glad you are still with us and I hope you run again. I also hope to see you in new company up there and will do what I can to help that cause.

Since your account currently can't receive private messages, here's a public "thank you" for your work on the board.

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I for one am glad of the decision . I for one WILL be voting.. and I have a few people that I will be lobbying against as much as I possibly can....The big buzzword in politics this year is CHANGE.. and lord knows USPA can stand one big heaping helping to make some drastic changes at the VERY TOP.>:(

I for one am glad of the decision . I for one WILL be voting.. and I have a few people that I will be lobbying against as much as I possibly can....The big buzzword in politics this year is CHANGE.. and lord knows USPA can stand one big heaping helping to make some drastic changes at the VERY TOP.>:(

WARNING: pot-stirrer!!!:D
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Be certain you count Jan as staying on the board in the process of making change. She is a voice desperately needed on the board, IMO.
A few of the board members you meet online or through the printed word of Parachutist are not the same board members you meet in person.
Jan is the same online, in print, and in person. That's rare, and we're fortunate to have her voice.

Be certain you count Jan as staying on the board in the process of making change. She is a voice desperately needed on the board, IMO.
A few of the board members you meet online or through the printed word of Parachutist are not the same board members you meet in person.
Jan is the same online, in print, and in person. That's rare, and we're fortunate to have her voice

I think I have a fairly good idea where the problem is.

After talking with several people I have an even better idea of who needs the truth told about their shenanigans....Only the members have the ability to make a change in the leadership of this organization. I dont think we will have a DIEBOLD kind of issue.. and I KNOW there is going to be a much higher turnout. This latest fiasco with the BALLOTS.. is another nail in the coffin for those who are SOOOO willing to do anything to maintain their power.>:(>:(

I will second, and attest to this post wholeheartedly!

For those of you who have not been around for awhile, this is not the 1st time Jan has endured the slings and arrows, and I am sure it will no doubt not be her last. She is true to her convictions, but even more importantly - she is true to US. DSE has stated it perfectly in the post that I am replying to, so no need for me to repeat that here. Something to think about, when you think of who - when it comes time to vote, you would like to represent YOU. She will always LISTEN, and will consider your point of view, and has always and OPENLY provided to all I have ever witnessed - at least an "audience". And with such matters, isn't that what it is all about?

You can agree or disagree with her (always stated, never obfuscated) positions - and I have, as should be, in the past done both. But with Jan, I have always felt that I have been HEARD. Can you say that for all the BOD members currently sitting, and elected by us?

Jan is one of the most genuine, and genuinely selfless persons I know of, in how she approaches the prosecution of her DUTIES, and service to her constituents and members of this sport. I have seen this 1st hand.

Just another "testament" to add here, I suppose. FWIW.

Jan - I am sorry that I was not able to make it down to FL on the 8th in person to support you. Please, as you always have, and for our BENEFIT and behalf's if you would: Carry on!

Blue Skies,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

(Scrumpot - great post, I agree with you)

I vote for anyone who puts forth a "tangible" platform of almost any kind. Jan is one of them that usually does. Her ideas are usually pretty tightly defined, clearly in the scope of a rep, and easy to measure too, which is nice.

the regular pitches from many are usually - "please tell me what you think and I'll try to do something. BTW, I have a lot of jumps and like skydiving" or vague comments about supporting "safety" and "helping skydivers".

So, sometimes even if I disagree with a candidate's platform, I might vote for them anyway just because they had the guts to put it out there for us to know what they want to stand for.

I don't know Jan. Met her once, she was cranky.:P I like her website and the tools she's developed - USPA should contract her for a few things that could be on line.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plane.... right?

What's a life plane? ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Jan is the same online, in print, and in person. That's rare, and we're fortunate to have her voice.

DSE has said all that needs to be said on this matter. Next time you vote remember this witch hunt and who started it. If Banks is re-elected to the board all jumpers should hang their head in shame. This is not meant as an attack but a statement of fact.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

If Banks is re-elected to the board all jumpers should hang their head in shame. This is not meant as an attack but a statement of fact.

Who will be running in opposition to him?

Do we need a write-in campaign?

The USPA membership will decide whether Glenn Bangs is reelected as a member of the board. If he is reelected as a member of the board, the board will then decide whether or not he is reelected to the Executive Committee and to serve as Board President.

Glenn Bangs is a National Director. Up to 8 people can be elected as National Directors in any year. As long as at least 8 candidates (whether they are on the ballot or write-in candidates) receive more votes than Glenn Bangs does, he will not be reelected to the board. (This assumes he runs for National Director, he could, of course, choose to run for Regional Director in his region).

Details in the governance manual, found here:

http://www.uspa.org/publications/manuals.htm
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke