Thanatos340

USPA - Jan Meyer Impeachment??

Seems that Jan's occupancy of a ND BOD position is safe for the time being.:)
As to anything else relating to the issue........well I think this will have ramifications for some time to come.:|

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

i must say i'm thrilled that the meeting is in FL, as i hope a lot of people can attend.

of course the exec committe won't let you into what they don't want you too.

i reccomend taking as many note as possible (or like DSE w/ video, although i'll be curious of their reaction to that :-)

talk face to face w/ all the people who didn't reply to you.
ask them why. write down their answers. follow them around, keep asking them question, sit at the table next to them at dinner...don't give up.
keep asking them question, if they throw you legal mumbo jumbo (we can't talk about this or that) i would not be surprised if its an intimidation tactic to get you off their back.

there were several instances during my term when certain people were busted on that stuff (like, can we see the lawsuit? they said no, of course. then its like, oh, right....its available to the public.....right...)

even the some of the BOD members (as you all know) don't get answers., but actually the members have more of a voice.

for fun, you can count how many times those who don't want to talk to you cringe as you confront them

ask them why they didn't respond to your emails. count how many say they didn't get your email.

give'em hell, see what's going on w/ our BOD

give Jan a 'high five' for me if you get a chance

max

sorry, just had to add one more comment.

jan, from my experience, was the best at busting the BS.

like when a decision was made by the president regarding Robert's rules of order (like, ok, as per this, this discussion is over), jan would whip out her Robert's Rules (not the cliff notes) and be like, 'i'm sorry, its says here...'blah blah blah'

the pres would disagree, of course, then usually one staff members would say 'sorry, Jan is correct.

or, even better, we'd ask 'can we have this document (for whatever)' the EC or pres would say 'no', then Jan would be like, 'i have that document right here, i got it online'

freakin priceless :-)

max,

I have had doubts about you before being on the BOD. "probably because I didn't know you."

I always questioned why you excused yourself on the skyride vote. " I had my Ideas".

but from what I have read of you lately, I might vote for you again if you ever decided to run.

uploading video now.
There are several files, it'll take a while. Broken down into several 10 min chunks.
As far as "reaction"...a couple BOD members had problems with it, but I pointed out, it was a public meeting. Most of the BOD folk that did take a second to speak with me had no problem w/it, and other than two, everyone was quite gracious.

uploading video now.
There are several files, it'll take a while. Broken down into several 10 min chunks.
As far as "reaction"...a couple BOD members had problems with it, but I pointed out, it was a public meeting. Most of the BOD folk that did take a second to speak with me had no problem w/it, and other than two, everyone was quite gracious.

Thank you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3116476#3116476

Randy Allison has been selected as the newest member of the BOD, replacing the resigned Kip Lohmiller. He will represent the Mid-Eastern Region. Another very qualified candidate, Gene Newsom, had also vied for the position. The decision between the two candidates was surely a difficult one.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

many many thanks...

public meetings need to be public (to the members at min)

anyone citing security/privacy concerns for a recreational activity and the membership organization that governs it only further illustrates that something is indeed rotten in 'denmark'

many many thanks...

anyone citing security/privacy concerns for a recreational activity and the membership organization that governs it only further illustrates that something is indeed rotten in 'denmark'

Here's my final impression of the meeting. This was my first time (don't start with the freakin' beer jibes, I'm not in the mood :P) to attend a USPA meeting and it will be my last. I was asked to attend by Jan to "offer moral support" and after 4 minutes of hearing Glenn Bangs exhort "DILATORY!" and "POINT OF ORDER!" I was reminded of one of my favorite lines from Blazing Saddles

"God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore"

then we were thrown out. I stood outside the meeting hall (apart from a 45 minute trip to Denny's) until 2:00 pm and watched several BOD members walk by to go to the restroom and even watch "Mr. Lamarr :P" himself walk by me several times and offer no explanation as to what was happening inside.

At 2:00 pm I gave up.

I found out afterwards that I would have been allowed back in at 4:30pm and STILL would not have known what happened regarding the 2 items that I was interested in hearing about (Jan's removal and the Skyride settlement).

I left with this impression of "My Organization" - it can kiss my ass. No more articles for Parachutist from me, I'll pay my dues reluctantly, and my notice to quit as an S&TA will be emailed to the RD on Monday.

I'm off to Epcot B| I hope they have a wonderful weekend at the Metropolitan Resort - DILATORY! POINT OF ORDER! DILATORY Y'ALL!

Oh, and it was nice to finally meet DiabloPilot:)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

many many thanks...

please be a little less inflammatory in how you interpret this. No one cited security/privacy concerns. My *response* was that it was a public meeting, but that doesn't mean someone suggested it was private or a security issue. I'd really hate for that to become an issue, particularly if we're going to see this sort of event streamed live in the future. There were members of the USPA staff that felt very good about the meeting being streamed, just as there were BOD members who felt the same.
Without suggesting this as any sort of reason I was given, we all know that people behave differently when cameras are around. ALL people. That's just normal. Sometimes a room will fill with assholes and idiots (witness all the camera geeks in the background at the Superbowl, flipping off the camera and lifting their shirts), and others simply don't say as much if anything at all. A camera is a permanent record which may be referred to at a later point in time. Therefore, the meat of a discussion may be picked at more delicately than it otherwise may be picked at. So keep in mind that cameras do have an impact on events, both negative and positive.
Having attended at *least* 100 of these sorts of meetings in my life, I'll tell you that this group isn't *much* different. You can immediately tell who is there to do a job, who is there as a retractor/brake system, who is there to step on the gas, and who is there to further themselves. Everyone has an agenda, including you and I. Like everything else in life, people take on a different dynamic in real-person vs internet or print. I was very impressed with a couple of people that I hadn't expected to be impressed with, and less than bowled over with a couple of people that I had previously been impressed with. And I'm sure that I left some of the same impressions with a few of them, too. We likely all did.

please be a little less inflammatory in how you interpret this. No one cited security/privacy concerns. My *response* was that it was a public meeting, but that doesn't mean someone suggested it was private or a security issue. I'd really hate for that to become an issue, particularly if we're going to see this sort of event streamed live in the future. There were members of the USPA staff that felt very good about the meeting being streamed, just as there were BOD members who felt the same.
Without suggesting this as any sort of reason I was given, we all know that people behave differently when cameras are around. ALL people. That's just normal. Sometimes a room will fill with assholes and idiots (witness all the camera geeks in the background at the Superbowl, flipping off the camera and lifting their shirts), and others simply don't say as much if anything at all. A camera is a permanent record which may be referred to at a later point in time. Therefore, the meat of a discussion may be picked at more delicately than it otherwise may be picked at. So keep in mind that cameras do have an impact on events, both negative and positive.
Having attended at *least* 100 of these sorts of meetings in my life, I'll tell you that this group isn't *much* different. You can immediately tell who is there to do a job, who is there as a retractor/brake system, who is there to step on the gas, and who is there to further themselves. Everyone has an agenda, including you and I. Like everything else in life, people take on a different dynamic in real-person vs internet or print. I was very impressed with a couple of people that I hadn't expected to be impressed with, and less than bowled over with a couple of people that I had previously been impressed with. And I'm sure that I left some of the same impressions with a few of them, too. We likely all did.

Pardon me if you will, as Sid so eloquently quoted a B.S. line, I have to say........

"God darnit, Mr. [S]Larmar[/S] DSE, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore"

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I was reminded of one of my favorite lines from Blazing Saddles

"God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore"

I was thinking more of the line in that movie...

"We gotta protect our Phony Baloney JOBS!" :|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Pretty sad statement considering it's supposed to be 'our' organization.

Why all the need for the 'secret squirrel' stuff...

Hmm I wonder if they did a sweep of the room....

I know people who can provide interesting "insects"

I can't believe that nobody thought of that...rats!

Hmmmm...maybe somebody DID and just can't release the info.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Wow.
Only took me two years (almost) as a skydiver to reach the point that I've gone from;
"Hey, you did that really well for only having 5 jumps" (and that was a bullshit line).
and "You're surprisingly good for an old guy" (Heard from manifest in Hawaii).
to
"You're an asshole"
"You fly like shit"
"You're an arrogant tool"
"You're like a twenty-dollar whore."

Not quite down to Stratostar's level, but working on it. A man's gotta have SOME aspirations in life.:P