SPAWNmaster

Go Sports Skydiving (PS3)

I've said it before I'll say it again, it looks cool but I think it would get old after about 30 minutes. There is only so much you can do in a skydiving game, I'd rather spend the money on 3 jump tickets and get 3 minutes of real freefall over 30ish minutes of virtual freefall any day.

Maybe if there was a higher degree of realism it would be worth picking up, but it kinda looks like a cheesy arcadesque game to me. Wasn't the old skydiving game for PS1 (the one you always see on ebay if you search for skydiving) voted as one of the worst video games ever made? Somehow I don't think some fancy graphics are going to make it suck a whole lot less.
Less talking, more flying.

I've said it before I'll say it again, it looks cool but I think it would get old after about 30 minutes. There is only so much you can do in a skydiving game, I'd rather spend the money on 3 jump tickets and get 3 minutes of real freefall over 30ish minutes of virtual freefall any day.

Maybe if there was a higher degree of realism it would be worth picking up, but it kinda looks like a cheesy arcadesque game to me. Wasn't the old skydiving game for PS1 (the one you always see on ebay if you search for skydiving) voted as one of the worst video games ever made? Somehow I don't think some fancy graphics are going to make it suck a whole lot less.

that older game was based on some lame button mashing timer system. this game is a stark contrast to that one...you have free control of body position and aerial movement in the game. it takes advantage of ps3 SIXAXIS controller scheme which has built in accelerometers. so not only do the two control sticks serve as axis controls but pivoting the controller also affects control. there's also accuracy landing and style point systems for doing bigways/swoops/freestyle-routines/etc.

personally i won't judge till i rent it. but that's just me.

@ freak accident: thanks for linking that, I always forget this forum doesn't do it automatically.

Below is a review from a wuffo friend that downloaded the game
----------------------------------------------------
"Ehh... not bad but not great.

It's mildly entertaining but the motion control seems
a little too direct. You tilt right, you go right.
You rotate right, you rotate right.

I think it would have been better to make the
motions a little less connected: you tilt right, you
start to go right, etc. You know, inertia and all
that stuff.

Maybe there are some game settings to modify that.

The graphics and sound are pretty good but nothing special.
I guess for 5 bucks you should not expect that much."
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

You get what you pay for.. a $5 game. I had fun with it for about an hour, and I may pick it up for an hour here and there if I'm really bored and my arms are sore from playing Rock Band. :)
I laughed the first time I went low and the AAD went off at 750 ft.

The parachute control would be a lot better if it were a little more high performance. (I haven't quite figured out how to swoop yet, but there is a swoop course with some toe dragging water action.

The disapointing part for me was that you do either 4 way or landing. You don't get to land after doing a 4 way, it's a different section of the game.

But it IS a cheap $5 arcade kinda game. Worth $5 if you ask me, I had fun with it.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

The biggest disappointment for me was the lack of blocks being included. I know it would have been really hard to figure out an appropriate control scheme for this, but when I saw them turning blocks in the intro movie, I was really pumped. Obviously there are a lot of things that they could have done a little better, but I was surprised by a few things aswell; like the ability to cheat on a formation. The game doesn't require you to be in perfect position to reach out your arms and lock in that grip for the point. I would definitely say it's worth the 5 bucks especially with the ability to compete in 4-way together with three other teammates online. It sounds silly, but another nice addition would be customizable canopy colors (and better jumpsuit options for that matter...cheese!!!) since skydivers are often so keen on their color combos anyways.

"How do you like my groin to your foot style?"

Umm...I may have to buy a PS3 for the winter months:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Go_Sports_Skydiving

Hey whats up andrew. Its jake from Skydive sw florida. There is another game that you can buy for $40 online, computer game. It is pretty badass. You can BASE, wingsuit, skydive all for $40.

Go to http://www.d3company.com/
Its a good game,. Download it!!!

-J
Step into my (sub)terminal Playground

Umm...I may have to buy a PS3 for the winter months:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Go_Sports_Skydiving

Hey whats up andrew. Its jake from Skydive sw florida. There is another game that you can buy for $40 online, computer game. It is pretty badass. You can BASE, wingsuit, skydive all for $40.

Go to http://www.d3company.com/
Its a good game,. Download it!!!

-J

I disagree. That game SUCKS. Big time. Save your money, and don't bother. Even for 40 bucks it's not worth it. Save your money.

It's buggy, glitchy, and has horrendous programming.

Save your money!

i really enjoyed the PS3 game. The graphics are pretty nice , the freestle movemtns are awesome and the 4 ways not bad. Best of all is landing, Im finding it quite addictive. It certainly has its flaws , especially the 6 axis control can be awkard for the 4 way but Im getting the hang of it now and have turned 15 points on a dive and unlocked th night mode.
Anyone know how to do unbelievable moves?
Overall this is not a great game but $5 i think its well worth it, get your whuffo freinds to give it a go and they will get what the sports about straight away, well apart from bravery point for pulling at 650 ft!

@ Jake: I just realized that BASE game is for PC only so I can't play.

@ everyone else:

Dunno if it's worth it to buy an actual PS3 for just a game! I'd much rather stick with Just Cause for the 360 (dope skydiving in that game as well!). Hollywood Video doesn't rent PS3's...anyone know if blockbuster does?

@ Jake: I just realized that BASE game is for PC only so I can't play.

@ everyone else:

Dunno if it's worth it to buy an actual PS3 for just a game! I'd much rather stick with Just Cause for the 360 (dope skydiving in that game as well!). Hollywood Video doesn't rent PS3's...anyone know if blockbuster does?

sad part is is that my 360 dvd drive just crapped out on me adn M$ wont cover it under its warranty...only if it red rings is it covered...and it hasnt done that...im fed up to the point that i may just buy a ps3 and forget about my 360..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Well you also get a games machine that can do 1.8 trillion floating point calculation per second. I agree if it were just to play go sports skydiving, I wouldnt buy it either. But games llike Motorstrom, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Unchartered are well worth it.

you can also get wrap-arounds for your own rig, so everything stays in place.. i'd hate to see what happens when a canopy would deploy in the tunnel.. be it a sucker or an open blower on top of the roof of a relatively tall building like ours.. :S

on a side-note: has anybodys controller die on him? i think mine just did.. >:(>:(>:(

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda