Chris Needels to Receive NAA Award

National Aeronautic Association President John Gaffney announced this week that the NAA will honor USPA Executive Director-Emeritus Christopher J. Needels with its highest organizational award, the Certificate of Honor, for his 13 years of service to USPA as well as his many years on the board and Executive Committee of NAA. The award will be presented at the NAA’s annual Spring Awards Luncheon, March 6, 2008, at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Virginia.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

He should be getting an award for being the skydiver with the most well timed bailout in the history of skydiving! :D

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

He should be getting an award for being the skydiver with the most well timed bailout in the history of skydiving! :D

Oh my god, no shit there. :D:D:D

I like Chris. He had his humble beginnings in this sport in Alabama at the Tuskegee DZ, and he was on my 500th jump at the WFFC in '97, an all-Alabama Gang 13 way out of Mullins King Air! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

He had his humble beginnings in this sport in Alabama at the Tuskegee DZ

Well, maybe. But he made his first jump (as a West Point cadet) at Orange, MA

HW

I could have sworn he went through training under Buddy Blue at Skydive Opelika... or was it in Headland when it had a DZ way back when? I do not have any way to verify this except to ask them directly.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban