Unstable

Who's saving up for New gear this spring!?!?

I was cruising all the hormone-driven threads in the Bonfire for the last few hours, and it got me thinking about my Skydiving Fantasies. I'll bet 1/2 of you are planning on some new gear in the next few months... What's on your mind?

I've got my mind on a new Racer 2k3 in about 2 months. That'll last me for the next few years. I'll sell my current 2K3 to a new skydiver looking for a good first rig and make 1 more racer fan in the world.

So, who else has new-gear dreams every night before going to bed?
=========Shaun ==========

I am not getting all new gear but my hubby bought me a nice new slippery pilot 168 - should be here in the next couple of weeks.:P:P:P:P:P

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Since I have lost weight over the winter it keeps me at the same wingloading I was at before - :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

Since I have lost weight over the winter it keeps me at the same wingloading I was at before -

Yeah, you hit a good point. One of the main reasons I'm waiting an extra 3 months is that I want to lost about 15 pounds, and the new 2K3 is kinda like my reward for doing it.....

My new Wings order was placed the end of November. I timed it so that it would be just about ready to ship about the same time I get my tax refund. I sent my taxes to my accountant on Friday and he said he'd have to wait until February some time to file because he's waiting for the "beta version" of the tax software. I told him my predicament about my refund and he promised that mine would be the first he'd do.

I can't wait to be bring the slider down and have it actually behind my head and not three inches above my head, and I can't wait to have the option of wearing a chest mount altimeter when jumping with students on without fear that I'm going to break my jaw on opening! But damn...I'm going to miss that ol' Vector 2!

Not this year - planning and budgeting for next year. My hope is to continue working on health and fitness goals this year so that when I do order a custom Infinity at the end of this year it's sized to a body size that I'll be for a while. Plus I'm hoping that I'll be at a weight / canopy skill where I'll be comfortable downsizing. I think there will be more room in the budget then for custom gear.

The gear I'm jumping now is still in great shape - it's a Wings that only had 10 jumps on it when I bought it, and I've put around 300 on it. Not sized for me, but fits me okay. It'll be nice to have custom stuff though. Another 100 or so jumps on it this year, and I'll sell it to some newbie who is looking for a rig that'll hold a big canopy. B| Or keep it myself as a backup.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I wouldn't exactly say that I'm saving up per-say... more like spending money that I haven't made yet. But I am getting new gear

Good job! Adda-boy! I'm not really saving up money, but like you, I'm just getting ready to spend money I haven't earned yet. but who cares, to the nice people at the rig factory, $ is $. :)

Saving up for my first container! Just picked up a used triathlon 160 and a used amigo 172 reserve. I expect to order a brand new wings and aad in the next 2 months or so.

Wonderful Choice! You can't go wrong with a Triathlon; They are wonderful canopies, excellent for general purpose jumping. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the $$..

You will get there Krisanne....I know you will, you have been working so hard. Are you guys going to hit prairie again??? If so we definitely need to do a jump together this year. My rig still fits me great, actually better now, so that is in good shape - but had some problems figuring out how to land my spectre.....so doc was kind enough to switch canopies with me - have consistantly landed his pilot so ........ I think we will end up keeping the spectre as a back up at this point. It has low jump numbers on it.
DPH # 2

I want a new cypres. Not that its required but my mother would be happier with me having one and i'm a long believer in 'have it and never need it than....'

also a couple of other toys i want as well, but a few other bills to pay off first....[:/]

Me! I want to get an REI SubKilo 20 degree down sleeping bag (less than 2 pounds!), some good lightweight breathable rain gear (probably the Marmot Precips) and maybe a small GPS unit.

I suppose I should put a Cypres back in my rig but backpacking stuff seems so much more important this year.

I'm wishing I could afford new gear, but since I'm spending all my money on travelling this year I don't think that's going to happen. I am planning on demo'ing a couple of canopies when I'm at Perris this spring so I'll know what I should have on my wish list. Maybe next year.