rustymurray

username:bluelarry anyone here know him?

Hi all,Has anyone selling stuff in the classified been contacted by a polish guy username:bluelarry?I had an ad up here a couple of weeks ago looking for an aad and was contacted by him,long story short after a few emails back and forth including pictures of the aad I decided to buy through Paypal,2 weeks later,suprise suprise,no aad and no replies to my emails.Has anyone here been contacted by this guy or know anything about him?

Report him to the scam alert forum down at the bottom...

I thought Pay pal had a safety feature where you could hold the funds in escrow until you had what you bought in your hands? Am I missing something here?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I contacted Paypal,they insure items paid through Ebay but outside Ebay they can only provide"best effort" to recover money,if the guy has withdrawn the money,$600 in this case it becomes harder to recover funds,I felt safe using Paypal as I thought money was held,let it be a warning to others,I still have Paypal on the case so hopefully they can sort something out.I have sent a pm to the security moderater on here but I thought I'd post here in case anyone else is in communication with this guy.I'm going to pursue this scammer through my creditcard company if Paypal don't come up with anything.Again a warning to others,Paypal DONT gaurauntee you're money!