chronistin

This looks terrible...

Major stuff, dudes.

Poor kid.

Not like it was just one thing that killed the kid, either. Alot of things had to go wrong for that to happen.

Thanks for the link - I have spent the last hour at the site watching vids. There are some great BASE jumping vids and other good skydiving vids there too.

UntamedDOG is the author of a post a while back titled 'Desire to witness a fatility' about how he wants to watch someone go in so he can become a more 'seasoned' skydiver: "I find myself a bit eager to experience the rush of a skydiving fatality firsthand."

Go back and re-read my second post in that thread (reply #83).
It should help to explain why I started that thread.

clicky
http://dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1639706;search_string=desire%20to%20witness%20a%20fatality;guest=16551590#1639706

Take your morbid interest in death somewhere else. Anyone who can say what you said in that thread and in the above post does not deserve the magic of this sport.

You need to open your mind and expand your horizons. Don’t let raw human emotion become the basis of your critical judgment against me. There are aspects of the human psyche that need to be explored in this sport, especially when they relate to how people react to death.

As someone who's been there for that, I give you the finger.

You just proved my point.

I don't get why someone would want to see that happen. Learning from a video of an accident is one thing...but I think we all know what will happen if you don't pull anything at all...what could anyone learn from that video that they didn't already know. I'm new to the sport but in my opinion, if that video teaches someone something that isn't very obvious in the first place, maybe they shouldn't be skydiving. The parents of that kid and everyone that let him jump should all be locked up for a long time.

what could anyone learn from that video that they didn't already know.

The video demonstrates the impact and consequence of a skydivers inactions. It also demonstrates a lack of proper training methods. Witnessing a fatality firsthand or watching the video is more intense than imagining what might have happened. It provides greater impact and realism.

A lot of newer skydivers could benefit from seeing how fast things can turn ugly and how little time you have to react.

The parents of that kid and everyone that let him jump should all be locked up for a long time.

The video is tragic but I don’t believe pointing fingers and locking people up is the answer. These parents have to live with their decision to let their child jump without proper training. They will think about that decision every time they remember their son.

Yeah...i see your point and I guess you're right but in the video you can't see the impact (it's enough to be shocking and make you think but not gruesome or anything like that). I think the worst part of this video is seeing and hearing the people's reactions that were watching this happen in person to someone that they knew. If it weren't for that I don't think the video would have as much of an impact. As for my comment about these people being locked up...the parents do have to live with this for the rest of their lives so that's gotta be the worst punishment of all...but there's always going to be really stupid people with stupid ideas like sending an 11 year old out of a plane, but how could a dz allow this??? I definatly think whoever allowed this shoud be in jail. Does anybody know if the parents were skydivers? Or did they just want their kid to be a skydiver so young for bragging rights? Anyone know where and when this happened?

OMG, I can't believe I'm going to say this.

I agree with UntamedDOG:S I'll have to come back here in the morning and re-read his post and see if I still agree.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

For some reasion that link isn't working for me... however from what I have read of this thread I think I saw that clip on realtv or something like that few years ago. It is a shame that everyone involved didn't think it trough all the way
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

For some reasion that link isn't working for me...

The video got removed. That website has rules against "offensive/educational" content.

Someone from DZ.com alerted the webmaster, presumably because they don't want others to see what happens when you don't pull you chute.

Don't fret, I'm sure it will pop up on some other website in the near future, since it's become so popular.

When I watched it, I tried to save it on to my computer but it wouldn't allow me to do so. I would like to have fowarded the video to skydivingmovies.com

I was the one who got it removed, if you wanna watch it then find it elsewhere, like www.ogrish.com Personally i didnt see what was "wacky" about that video

And Dog i dont agree with your point in not locking them up. They put a kid at risk who was 11 years old.

The parents had very little regard for his safety in my opinion if they put him up there and with that absence of mind im wondering if they would even have the ability to feel guilt, its child neglect at the very least and in my opinion they do need locked up

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

The video is tragic but I don’t believe pointing fingers and locking people up is the answer. These parents have to live with their decision to let their child jump without proper training. They will think about that decision every time they remember their son.

so by your logic, if a drunk driver knocks down and kills somebody, but really regrets it... the fact they will regret it for the rest of their life is punishment enough? does guilt and regret, save you from criminal prosecution?

I was the one who got it removed

With your vast experience of 10 jumps, you are claiming to be the moral majority and you took it upon yourself to decide what is appropriate viewing material for a group of grown adults.

The video does not violate any obscenity laws. It has been broadcast on national television several times and there are no close-ups.

I am prodigiously fascinated with the analysis of death in our sport. More importantly I enjoy studying the reactions and behavior rituals of those left behind.

This video provided a great tool to anyone with the same proclivity.

I don’t appreciate what you did. It is pure censorship.

Clam down. Im sure the family wouldnt have liked it all over the internet. I dont see how it is a training tool.

If you want to see the effects of an incident like that, why dont you try being the one telling them there son has died.

Its horrible, words cant describe what its like to tell someone that, let alone be in there position.

I think you need to have some respect.

This video wasnt on a website aimed at adults or skydiving, it was a site that could be viewed by kids and anybody.

I appreciate you dont like what i done but i think as a whole it was the right thing to do, if i had kids i wouldnt let them see that regardless of the "no close ups." I think you just have an unhealthy fascination with death.

Andy, Just an FYI - that video has been broadcasted on RealTV a few times. The original comment was that the parents wanted it out there so that others would learn from their mistakes.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

so that others would learn from their mistakes.

how many people are potentially about to do that to an 11 year old? is this video being shown going to save many lives? in reality...nope. I'd bet my house on the fact that anybody with at least half a brain will already know not to do that to a child... its voyerism dressed up to look like its not, if you say its for "educational purposes"

The parents had very little regard for his safety in my opinion if they put him up there and with that absence of mind im wondering if they would even have the ability to feel guilt, its child neglect at the very least and in my opinion they do need locked up

Note what I have highlighted. That is your opinion and since you were not the parents and have no children, you have no idea what they were thinking.

I have two boys that grew up around skydiving. I have been educated in the risk of skydiving. Both my boys begged me at a young age to make a skydive. Because of my education and experience I didn't let them make a skydive at a young age. As a mother I believe those parents had no idea what really could go wrong allowing their child to make a skydive. They were not educated as to what could really happen. Young children will bug and bug parents to do something. Some times we as parents allow them to do it, thinking they will be okay.

I believe that the parents are suffering and feeling guilt no reason to lock them up. Plus, remember this jump was not done in the United States. Things work different in other counties. But to say that a parent doesn't feel guilt for their actions when a child's life is lost, is off base. You aren't the parent and you don't know what they are feeling. I'm guessing here again, but since the parents haven't served any jail time, as far as I know, the people that could have put them away, didn't for some reason.

It's morning, I've had a cup of coffee and I still agree with Dog:o
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Sorry if i interpreted you wrong here but it sounds like your saying that just because his parents where not educated about skydiving that they thought it was perfectly safe?

My mother wont ever come see me jump because of the danger, and she knows jack

i've never been told to not put my hand in a fire, but i've got slightly more than half a brain, so it appears obvious to me not to

just how stupid do you have to be as a none skydiver to have no idea if its safe or not to push your 11 year old out of a plane B|... thus requiring you to view a video to inform you of the potential dangers

If you're so stupid to need a video to tell you if its dangerous not, how do you manage to walk upright?