ltdiver

Christy Frikken--2007 Skydiver of the Year!

A "Her Her" for Christy Frikken! Voted by Skydiving Magazine as 2007's "Skydiver of the Year"! Go Christy! :)
I first met Christy when she traveled from Eloy to Perris back in 2003 when she was a member of Arizona Audacity. They needed a cameraflyer for their NSL-SSL meet at Perris.

Little did I know just how powerful this woman's dedication and drive were that day, but one has only to look at the years since then to see the rise to the top scale of competitors to witness this. On top of all of this, she's mentored countless others to learn with and from her. Just look at all the 8-way teams that have come along with Fury to Nationals. Perris was the best represented of all the DZ's at Nationals 2007!

A woman very deserving of praise, yet one who is truly looking to better others around her.

Go Christy!! :D You SO deserve this award. :D

http://www.skyleague.com/pages/news/showArticles.php?story=985

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

>Congrats, Christy! I can't think of anyone more deserving!

I went over to touch her last weekend (just to be able to say "I touched Christy Frikken!") and she laughed and said "it's strange, people think I'm cool or something now."

I think that's awesome, way to go Christy!!!

I met Christy (without really realizing who she was) when my BF and I went to the Perris tunnel over Thanksgiving. I was in there, working on my centerpoint turns just looking at my reflection and all of a sudden she's squatting down in my line of site and "coaching" me on my movements. When I got out I thanked her and talked to her for a little bit...she was super friendly and totally down to earth. Our sport could ALWAYS use more people like Christy.

Congrats girl!!! B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Fantastic ! Kristy is one of the most real, friendly, and fun people I've ever met, in or out of the sport. I've jumped on a few of her LO dives and been amazed at how easily we did things I'd never done before - and how enjoyable it was. I've also watched her teaching little kids how to fly in the tunnel and the way the kids would crack up while she ran around in circles on the walls, just being silly.

This is a well deserved recognition of a somebody I've always been pleased to call a friend.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !