JumpHog

WTF???

Are you criticizing the discussion or seeking clarity? If the former please feel free to abstain. If the latter please be more considerate when asking.

I think hes trying to say that its pretty ridiculous that you guys still keep discussing about this video as if it was a real incident.

:D:D:D

When in fact we're not discussing the ad, but the skydive. And so far no one has been able to refute with satisfaction that it isn't real footage simply used for the ad's second part, which is staged, obviously. What about the skydive & malfunction portion seems fake to everyone? We were disecting the skydive and had already distanced ourselves from the ad.
I've seen hundreds of hours of video in 19 years of skydiving. I've shot hundreds of hours as a videographer. And as far as I can see there isn't anything initially fake about this. Prove me wrong. Aside from that, a simple comment would have been appropriate.

B|B|B|

First of all as was mentioned before theres no bridle in the PC. Actually you can see a line going to his fingers and eventually he lets go of the line, Fake PC goes off..

Socondly why would he be "shoving" the PC to the camera. He clearly wants the viewer to see / think that now hes trying to deploy.

After this the next thing he does is he takes an extra reserve handle and starts waveing it in front of the camera so that thinks hes now in real trouble.

After this he continues flailing for a few seconds and after this they cut it to where someone is spiraling under canopy and this has been edited a little faster. On top of this they edit a pair of legs dangling on real speed. (wich is propably filmed over greenscreen or similar and added over the canopy footage) This will create an effect that looks like its happening on real speed.

Thats it in a nut shell... IMO

Some of the technical details how they actually did it might differ from what I thought is how they did it, but its clear that its a fake...

This is just my 2 cents, so take it as that lol

But.. if you look at the vid at around 1:02 you get a nice view of the ground. No real square fields there at all. At 1:05 theres a little "glitch" if you will where the video sorta freezes up for a second. Now look at the ground.. square farm fields and pastures.

My guess is that its real skydiving footage, but once he does his little reserve pull and you get that glitch at 1:05, it switches to the CGI effects and stuff as the "ground" completely changes!

Again, just a thought.