Sebazz1

Up-Sizing, Could use some advice...

I have a Wings EXT that was sized for my Xaos 98. It fits snugly but without too much effort in the d-bag. At the time I bought the rig I was jumping like a mofo and super current but as life moves on I jump less n less and only on special occasions. Mostly doing ways with buddies at boogies. I have been pondering replacing the Xaos 98 with something a little bigger, a little more docile and not x-braced. I think a Katana might be just the right canopy, maybe a 120-135. Any advice on what to replace the Xaos with and what size? Am I kidding myself? Once you go xbraced you'll never go back? Don't get me wrong I love my Xaos and it's replaced my old Stiletto's as my favorite all time canopy but I think it's time to slow down.

Thanks for any ideas...

I haven't jumped in nearly two years. >:( The first year was due to a non-skydiving injury (broke my coccyx and L1 snowboarding). B| The second has been because I had just bought a new rig that doesn't have room for me to put a bigger main into so that I can upsize after having become so uncurrent. It will be a long time before I can jump my Pilot 150 again (jumping often enough to justify that size will be tough with my two rugrats), and the rig won't hold anything bigger, but I can't tolerate the idea of selling it after only jumping it @30 times before I busted myself. [:/]

What's a girl to do?!

Any advice on what to replace the Xaos with and what size?

If what you're asking is what size a conventional 9 cell will fit in a container that will hold a Xaos 27 98, a 120 will fit easily, and a 135 would squeeze in tight. You could always just keep the 98 and fly more conservatively too...

Canuck