ozzy13

What's too windy?

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from poor judgment ;)

that too!!!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

This is one situation where size matters. If a 15mph sock has a hard-on, no biggie (pun intended). 35mph sock has a hard-on, time to have some beer. On a more serious note early spring is an interesting time in the midwest. Winds like to shift around and with fields getting planted thermals become an issue. So I am more conservative during that time.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

What's too windy?

When the old timers are not manifesting for the next load watching all the young bucks get on the plane.B|

------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

When the ONLY people getting on the plane besides the pilot are from out of town. Z-Hills Monday (St. Patty's Day), gusts to 25, tandems grounded, not a single local or staff went up after the first few loads. There were 19, I think. I waited all day. Just got a new rig. Ready to buy beer and everything. ALL the landings looked sketchy. A girl on a late afternoon load hit a downdraft or something and broke her leg. That's when I gave up and bought beer. First of many that night. I'll try again in a few days, when the winds die down.
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313