joe399

Travis Pastrana skydives with no 'chute

Would this affect fall rate? I mean logically speaking he would float way above the other divers, wouldn't he?

without the weight of the rig, he would float a little more than normal.

however, i suspect it would get canceled out by the fact hes wearing very little drag.

MB 3528, RB 1182

Congratulations, Travis. I agree to what Bill Cole wrote since we are the only people in the world who know what it means to exit a flying aircraft without wearing a parachute. When I did it in 2006 there were similar reactions on the net from all those people who never would dare to do it.

If you want to see pics/vid of my jump just visit us at www.cirocom.de or www.xx-stunts.de.

Andi Dachtler

Congratulations, Travis. I agree to what Bill Cole wrote since we are the only people in the world who know what it means to exit a flying aircraft without wearing a parachute.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Can you imagine what would have gone through his mind if the guy who climbed on his back to hook him up had caught his reserve handle on him as he was rodeoing him and had a premature opening?

He wouldn't even be able to cutaway to make a second attempt at him.

Surreal moment.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Can you imagine what would have gone through his mind if the guy who climbed on his back to hook him up had caught his reserve handle on him as he was rodeoing him and had a premature opening?

He wouldn't even be able to cutaway to make a second attempt at him.

Just guessing about this, but there was probably a second person in the air for backup just in case something happened.

I am more interested to know what gear was used? Definetely didnt look like a tandem rig the catcher was wearing. What about the stress of a terminal drogue less tandem (or rodeo) opening on a one point attachment harness system. Trusting the equipment will work is more of an impressive stunt than catching someone in freefall.

That's not the same video I saw of him doing the stunt.

The one I saw was on MTV and was a Jackass special remembering Evil Knievel. He does have a harness under his shorts and takes about 5-10 seconds to hook it up to the guy from what I remember.

Pretty cool stunt.

That's not the same video I saw of him doing the stunt.

The one I saw was on MTV and was a Jackass special remembering Evil Knievel. He does have a harness under his shorts and takes about 5-10 seconds to hook it up to the guy from what I remember.

Pretty cool stunt.

The person jumping for the Jackass show was Scott "Plamer" Palmer. He was the guy that caught Pastrana when he jumped.
---------------------
Twin Falls BASE Co.
208-423-8080
www.twinfallsbase.com

Where can I get photos or Video of Cole's Jump. Reading the other site states that the camera man for Bill's Jump helped on that one, so I'm assuming there is media about his jump, and I can't find it anywhere!!

Beav
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!