TheMan

Hard opening on first AFF jump

ChrisD

With the number of jumps he has they are not going to let him pack. Just sayin,...:)

Why on earth not?
I packed my own canopy for my third jump, only because the canopy for the first was already packed and for the 2nd I was quite shaky with adrenaline from my first jump so I just paid the packer :$

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Excellent observation.

And you bring up a very good point :)
I'm all for and always have been for spending more time with students. I frequently encounter much resistance.

So why don't student pack for themselves???

I see a camera on your head?

I suspect money and the fact that many / most students don't know what they don't know....

Do you teach your under ten, (lets pick ten.) jumps to pack for themselves? Does anyone?
Why?

C

I agree with ya!! BTW

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

ChrisD

Excellent observation.

I'm all for and always have been for spending more time with students. I frequently encounter much resistance.

I suspect money and the fact that many / most students don't know what they don't know....

Do you teach your under ten, (lets pick ten.) jumps to pack for themselves? Does anyone?
Why?

C

I agree with ya!! BTW

You meet resistance trying to spend more time with students?
This is the reason I have taken a leave... my instructors tried their best but on busy days I felt alone on the DZ.

I think that students should have much more time with their instructors.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

Hard openings are like art. You may not know much about it--but you will know it when you see it. If you didn't have a haematoma that looked like a Salvador Dali painting from your crotch to your knees it's likely you didn't have a "hard" opening. Getting jerked around, slammed and spanked are part of this sport. It isn't a matter of if--it's a matter of when. And about the socks? Wear what feels good. I don't wear any at all--comes from my days as a sailor. Oh yeah--skygods are also part of this sport. Hard openings are easier to deal with. They don't give a crap about your socks and they aren't being condescending while drinking the beer you paid for. Blue skies amigo.

DrDom

***Excellent observation.

Why?

C

I agree with ya!! BTW

You meet resistance trying to spend more time with students?
This is the reason I have taken a leave... my instructors tried their best but on busy days I felt alone on the DZ.

I think that students should have much more time with their instructors.

Stay late for the fire and beers, that's where you learn the other 50% that is not tough.

Getting jerked around, slammed and spanked are part of this sport.

In my first jump, I remember that I have gotten my butt a really good spank, my thigh straps weren't tight enough, they did cause me a great amount of pain. Fixed my problems and I believe that was the end of my pain. need to train my butt muscles to avoid any future pain in the BUTT!
Dreaming for 6 years of skydiving, and after getting my AFF, I regretted waiting for so long!
To everyone over there, stop dreaming and start doing.
Blue Skies!!!

Really poor body position, no arch to speak of. D**k in the dirt, ARCH as much as you can especially at deployment altitude. There will be times when you may have to de-arch to slow down for the canopy deployment. But what ever you do listen to your AFF's. Learn to pack and eliminate those really hard openings. I had a Slammer when I first bought my own gear. I later learner there was this one packer who intentionally pack my rig without quartering the slider. That opening ended jumping for the day with a severely sprained right ankle. B|

Best-
Richard

rwieder

Really poor body position, no arch to speak of. D**k in the dirt, ARCH as much as you can especially at deployment altitude. There will be times when you may have to de-arch to slow down for the canopy deployment. But what ever you do listen to your AFF's. Learn to pack and eliminate those really hard openings. I had a Slammer when I first bought my own gear. I later learner there was this one packer who intentionally pack my rig without quartering the slider. That opening ended jumping for the day with a severely sprained right ankle. B|

Best-
Richard

your packer was intentionally trying to hurt you?
thats pretty messed up.
You are not the contents of your wallet.