kevinsa

Jumping off the roof of a skyvan

Wouldn't the pilot feel a change in control having someone back there? I guess you'd have to tell him first, but then he might say no..... So just do it and hope he can compensate for the 5-10 seconds you're up there. Or just not do it at all..... oh nevermind.

It's just that I heard a DZ pilot say that on certain aircraft (like a Super King Air) if you put a 5 lb weight on the top of the tail, it basically wouldn't fly because of the stability problems. Seems that guy was pretty close....
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

If you watch the video, when the guy gets really far back, you see the horizon disappear from the frame, as if the pilot had to push the nose over to keep the plane flying. Shifting weight that far back can and will effect the CG, and can easily cause a stall of the pilot is not ready or informed. Never, ever do anything of that sort without asking the pilot, and understanding the cause and effect of your actions.

Here's the other thing - if the DZO or AC owner saw you climbing on a Caravan like that on the ground, there's a good chance you're about to get your ass kicked. AC are not built to be a jungle gym, and it's not hard to damage the skins by stepping in the wrong place.