BillyVance

Skydiving Magazine has a well written 4 page article on the recent USPA Board meeting

It's nice to see an independent view on the shenanigans that went on at the past board meeting in Orlando. You would not see one this candid in Parachutist.

Caveat: I wasn't there at the meeting.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If you can call dodging the real issues well written.They forgot to mention that many of the members showed up because they were trying to throw Jan Meyers under the bus.

Point taken. I've amended my post. :P I thought it was pretty candid and reflected all sides without mincing words, short of using profanity.

I'm on Jan's side of course.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Can you post the article? Some of us don't get skydiving mag.

Following the recent clusterf$#% meeting in Orlando, I subscribed to Skydiving magazine. Parachutist gets a quick scan then thrown on the pile, SKYDIVING gets read cover to cover... the article is really good, Truffer's editorial is really good too (and the article I wrote ain't half bad either :) ) it's worth subscribing for the $16??? I think. Hell it's not even the cost of a lift ticket.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I don't have a scanner but I would think there might be some copyright issues with posting here.

I understand but people scan parachutists all the time.

for those that don't subscribe its not like we'll be able to subsribe and get that issue and for those that do subscribe have seen the article.

In the worst case I would bet it HELPS their subscription if someone posted an article on occasion.(I'm not saying that every month someone should scan the whole mag)

Maybe Skydiving can upload some random truncated articles to give the rest of us a teaser.

Either way can someone summarize the article?
My photos

My Videos

>>for those that don't subscribe its not like we'll be able to subsribe and get that issue
You can get most back issues going all the back to 1979 right here . . .

http://www.skydivingmagazine.com/backissu.htm

Mike Truffer has provided the community with a valuable voice over all these years and he deserves your support. It's the only place (besides here) that prevents the USPA from slinging their baloney and cheese unopposed.

NickD :)

Mike Truffer has provided the community with a valuable voice over all these years and he deserves your support. It's the only place (besides here) that prevents the USPA from slinging their baloney and cheese unopposed.

His name is actually Mike Turoff. He is a e very learned TM1, AFF, USPA Coach, etc...etc...He was my examiner under the USPA Coach licenseing program at SDH in Waller, Texas. He is also one of the most experienced instructor's and examiners, TM1, AFF, etc...i've met in my skydiving career.

Mike is also the Co-Author Of the book released by Mr. Tom Bunch, and himself, Skydiving Made Fun (Or Easy, can't remember which)

Mike has run for the board of the USPA on different occasions, and in my opinion should be there now. (BUT, that's only good for me, as it's my opinion)

Just wanted to clarify his name. Thanks. God Bless, Take Care.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Can anyone give a brief paraphrase of the salient points

Jan Mayers is the wicked witch of the west.

Now that there's funny! Don't care what side of the USPA divide you sit on, that there's funny ;)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Can anyone give a brief paraphrase of the salient points

Jan Mayers is the wicked witch of the west.

Well, it isn't easy being green. ;) You should read "Wicked", by Gregory Maguire

I shall be jumping with Jan later this week:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.