driftmania

Ouragan Suits! Freakin Awesome!

Me and my girlfriend were looking for our first jump suits. We live in Québec, and we had heard about Ouragan suits. It seemed obvious that we had to buy from them, since they are based in Québec... support local stuff and what not. But at 500$ a pop, we had to consider other options (Especially with the dollar at par...).

After reading a bunch of horror stories regarding suits ordered online, we decided to go with it. We made it our b-day present, and what the hell! These things are suppose to last for a while...

We drove down from MTL to Québec City (2.5 hours). People at Ouragan suits welcomed us with arms wide open. We got a good run down of everything, got measured and chose our colors. We both kept it simple (for price consideration). The delay of fabrication was about a month and a half. Great.

2 weeks later the suits showed up in the mail. The things are freakin awesome! The quality of the material is superb, the fit was A1 (both of us) and is exactly as described by the Kefran (the dude in charge).

We just got them and did not get a chance to jump them yet. I do not usually post anything on the web, even less to brag about a product, but we are so overwhelmed with everything (and proud of it being a Qc company), I had to write this post.

In no way is this post to bring down any competitors. Simply a fact about one a the best buying experience we had a chance to have in a long time. I just wished it was always that fair. I guess in the end you get what you pay for...

Blue skies!

AL & THE ASIAN

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/c-motion/Picture42.png

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/c-motion/Picture2.png

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/c-motion/Picture3.png

ouragan suits is a very large succesful company. i highly doubt they would take the time to fake a profile and post.

they really are a good company to deal with. my suit cost close to a grand! however its exactly the way i wanted it to fit and look and will last thousands of jumps so to me its worht it.
>

This is why I hate posting stuff on the Web... and I do no want to offense ZeG in any way. I understand where you come from... I run a business that has to do with cars (www.driftmania.ca) and forums are always the center of rumors & bullsh&&%! And that just sucks!

Myself and Sophie (AKA The Asian) have nothing to do with Ouragan other then the fact that we just bought two suits from them and are extremely happy with them.

We both got into skydiving last year, have 50 jumps (all at Skydive New England/Maine), and if you know anyone there, they will confirm that we are just two French newbies (and one bulldog named Gaston) now completely addicted to this sport.

I do not spend time writing post... actually this is my second one (aside from the two used rigs we purchased last fall using Dropzone.com) and I guess this is a good example of why... Again, nothing against anyone... It just sucks... That's all.

Alex Crépault.

I won't argue about the quality of an Ouragan suit, it is top notch. But so are some of the suits of other companies for about 1/2 the price. This is not to knock Ouragan...they make a killer suit. The real reason they can charge 800.00 bucks for a suit is DEMAND, DEMAND, and DEMAND. Ouragan suits are hella cool looking and that's what people want. Some people are willing to spend the extra cash to be one of the cool kids, some just like the suits that much.

Bottom line is....there's not that much quality in any suit but I hope you enjoy yours ;)

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.

Hi, i dont mind to be a jerk about this, but...

I understand why people pay a lot of money to buy a Ouragan, they want a one of a kind suit, a very complex design etc.

But why would someone pay over US$ 500,00 to get a simple suit with stripes by Ouragan?

I can get the same style suit by LiquidSky for half that price, or another major company, like FliteSuit or Tony.

The quality is the same, but i guess the Hype is not! [:/]

I wish I can justify in any level of reasoning the spending of $800 on a F.F suit. They really are cool jumpsuits is just an unnecessary expense from my point of view, there are just as, or close to, the quality of their suits out there without dropping that kind of money, but then again I can drop that kind of money on a bussiness suit that will give me more in return than just looking cool for a buch of skydivers.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

You can get a specific design from Tonysuit? I thought you can only choose from certain styles and printed fabrics. The ouragan suits kind of look like each colored area is a separate patch, which sewing together sounds like a lot of work, explaining the high price. Does Tonysuit do this kind of labor expensive work?
I guess if they do that they would be as expensive as Ouragan... my pit special with only the necessary options turned out to be 380 [:/]

Did you read my post? i guess you did not understood what i meant.

My point is that i understand why people pay a lot of money to have a totally custom suit with a complex design.

A complex custom design by Ouragan or LiquidSky is expensive and it is a lot of work, its custom and nobody else will have a suit like yours.

My point is about the suit by the OP, its a simple suit with stripes. i dont get why should some one pay over US$ 500,00 for a suit like that.

The same type of suit by LiquidSky or FliteSuit or Tony is half the price.

Again, i am talking about a single colour suit with stripes, no way its a complex design and no way should be expensive.

Later

My suit from Ouragan wasn't inexpensive, but then, the quality shows. Kefran did an outstanding job for me and the attention to detail on the suit is terrific. I haven't purchased suits from other companies but I would buy from Ouragan again because my suit has been great. I've had lots of compliments on it but the best part is that it fits beautifully and it flies well. Other companies certainly might be able to meet that criteria, too, but I have no reason to look elsewhere when Ouragan has a proven track record with me.

By the way, the zipper they used has been great. I have no idea what kind it is but I really love it and it stays put without a hassle. I was a little worried about not having velcro over it and that hasn't been a problem. If anyone has any idea what kind of zipper this is, I'd be curious to know.
TPM Sister #102

hi there !

as i am deeply involved with Ouragan i just would like to certify everybody there that Alex and Sophiea are in NO WAY remote-controlled by our company.

I just would like to warmly thank them for this message as this is this kind of surprise from our customers which is keeping us motivated !

kefran for the team at Ouragan Suits.

edited to add : thanks Jewel :)

--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !

Me and my girlfriend were looking for our first jump suits. We live in Québec, and we had heard about Ouragan suits. It seemed obvious that we had to buy from them, since they are based in Québec... support local stuff and what not. But at 500$ a pop, we had to consider other options (Especially with the dollar at par...).

After reading a bunch of horror stories regarding suits ordered online, we decided to go with it. We made it our b-day present, and what the hell! These things are suppose to last for a while...

We drove down from MTL to Québec City (2.5 hours). People at Ouragan suits welcomed us with arms wide open. We got a good run down of everything, got measured and chose our colors. We both kept it simple (for price consideration). The delay of fabrication was about a month and a half. Great.

2 weeks later the suits showed up in the mail. The things are freakin awesome! The quality of the material is superb, the fit was A1 (both of us) and is exactly as described by the Kefran (the dude in charge).

We just got them and did not get a chance to jump them yet. I do not usually post anything on the web, even less to brag about a product, but we are so overwhelmed with everything (and proud of it being a Qc company), I had to write this post.

In no way is this post to bring down any competitors. Simply a fact about one a the best buying experience we had a chance to have in a long time. I just wished it was always that fair. I guess in the end you get what you pay for...

Blue skies!

AL & THE ASIAN

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/c-motion/Picture42.png

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/c-motion/Picture2.png

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/c-motion/Picture3.png

ahhh, really nice suits....i like the "asian" suit...i think it`s time to get rid of my old matter suit from 2004:S:ph34r: and get one of those Ouragan suit