nakedfool

Energy Drinks Consumption? How much do you drink a week??

Thats odd that you had chest pains, I think I know exactly what you are talking about though. Your heart is taking large beats, and its almost like there is a kink in the line somewhere because it feels like a huge pressure increase. but it only lasts 5-10 seconds, less if you take some deep breaths. does this sound like what you had?

I don't really know how to describe the pain - but it's kind of dull, next to my sternum on the left side. It feels sort of like a muscular pain, but I don't have any injuries (recently) that could account for it.

I suppose (hope?) it could be psychosomatic, as it started popping up around the time winter hit, which also coincides with a major drop in my income, no jumping, and fucked-up sleep.

Excercise has helped a lot, though, and getting myself checked-out has made me feel a lot better about the situation. Since the working out thing has been back in full swing, sleeping has improved.

I didn't mean to take the thread down the road of cardio-detrement, I was really just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing after regular consumption of the monstrous beverages.

It kinda sucks - I really, really dig the taste of the Blue Monster.

I have to go to bed, now. No caffeine after noon.

'Night. :)
T.I.N.S.

None, unless you count water and coffee, which definetely gives me energy.

I don't like all the sugar that energy drinks usually contain. And large doses of caffeine isn't really what I like. I get a buzz, but it is soon over, might as well have a normal dose of caffeine. And as long as I get my calories from normal food, and enough water, I'm awake and alert enough. Oh, and I find that jumping out of aircraft does give me an additional kick. ;)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Normally? Zero. I start the day with a cup of coffee, and I may have a shot of espresso in the afternoon. Any more caffeine then that and I I'll have trouble sleeping.

When I'm doing 14-18 jumps a day, though - it becomes another story. I'll often have 3-4 sugar-free Red Bulls on a day like that. I then fall asleep the instant my head hits the pillow.

I drink them on a day like that to avoid having to stop jumping to take a nap.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

OK people, there seems to be a new bad boy ENERGY DRINK on the market. Red Bull is #1 in $$$ sales but the Monster drink people claim to be in first place on volume (size of liquid in the can).

Soon to be released CLICKY

Check out the ingredients of this bad boy. I particularly like the #1 ingredient. They are toting no preservities and no artificial flavors. They even use the original ingredient that the first colas used.......Coca leaf !!! I sure hope the DZ doesn't impliment random drug testing. Might be a few false positives :)

But can you see it now? A 6 pack of this stuff with a dozen Crispy Creme's. How dangerous is skydiving now as compared to that ?

I'll give it a try, but natural and energy drink just don't seem to mix.

Most people are suckered into the marketing scam of "natural". If you think about it, the most natural things in this planet do the most harm:

-Heroin (comes from a nice natural plant)
-Ricin, another plant is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring substances known -there is no known antidote
-Botox, (Botulinum neurotoxins) are the most potent toxic reagents currently known to man (severely diluted to put in women’s foreheads to reduce wrinkles)
-Puffer fish poison... This poison is about 10000 times more potent than cyanide

....the list goes on. "natural" or not, if it is made in the lab or grows in a field, it still has the potential to kick you in the ass :)