ZigZagMarquis

Cal City Otter at FreeFallExpress, MO

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5C7Cn7-LzE

... I didn't need to look at the climbout sequence more then once to be sure... I guess I've got just a few jumps out of that plane... and the photo op at the end with the plane in the background with the N-number clearly visable confirmed it to be N121PM.

So... the Missouri Women's State Record Skydive is a 6-way??? Don't let Kate Cooper find that out... :D

Marnie, Tara, Teri, Emilee, Andrea, Ashley... some of us ol' Cal City Guys are available for coach-dives... ;):P... but seriously, good job! :)

Where is "here"!!?? / Where is (will be) N121PMs new home???

I heard rumor too that Jr. is going to get her a new paint job??? Kinda sad... kinda glad... the ol' Pilgrim Airlines paint scheme was getting pretty worn and she could use some new paint, especially if not hanging out in an arid, desert environment.

Where is "here"!!?? / Where is (will be) N121PMs new home???

I heard rumor too that Jr. is going to get her a new paint job??? Kinda sad... kinda glad... the ol' Pilgrim Airlines paint scheme was getting pretty worn and she could use some new paint, especially if not hanging out in an arid, desert environment.

Sorry, this is my brain on TheraFlu. The "here" would be Skydive Pepperell in MA. No idea about the paint job, though. Will see if I can find out anything.

:D

Hey Jr.

Well... the old tool truck shouldn't be that hard. You should be able to pick-up the kind of paint needed at the local auto-supply shop... a few skydivers... a few free jump tickets, beer and VIOLA! One re-painted truck to match the Otter!!! Just don't give them the free beer until they're done painting!!! :D

As for "legally" repainting an aircraft... well... err... at least you're not in CA.

I guess someone just mistook ol' One Papa Mike's "battle scars" as "sanding in preparation for painting".

Anyway, I know your dad always mused about repainting 1PM. I've got a 1/72 scale model kit of a Twin Otter that I always meant to get around to putting together... doing a little scratch building along the way to put a jump door on it... putting N121PM on the tail, but painting it up with my suggestion as to a new paint scheme and presenting it to your Dad and Alberta to hang-up in the office (if they wanted to), but never got around to it. :( Oh well, I still can. If / when I do, maybe I will put the Pilgrim Air scheme on it instead.

Anyway, good to hear from you.

Antoinette says you have the Otter booked thru fall? Do you have a schedule of where she'll be (the Otter, not Antoinette... look for her in the June 08 issue of Low Rider though) that you'd care to post??

Oh boy, jumpers, beer, thats means painted truck, each other, the ground, near by trees. the dropzone dog. Better stick to the sun baked paint you have now. By the way, hope all the jumper there love that plane as much as we did,....................and we left a thong hanging from the throttles the first night it got to cal-city.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5C7Cn7-LzE

... I didn't need to look at the climbout sequence more then once to be sure... I guess I've got just a few jumps out of that plane... and the photo op at the end with the plane in the background with the N-number clearly visable confirmed it to be N121PM.

So... the Missouri Women's State Record Skydive is a 6-way??? Don't let Kate Cooper find that out... :D

Marnie, Tara, Teri, Emilee, Andrea, Ashley... some of us ol' Cal City Guys are available for coach-dives... ;):P... but seriously, good job! :)

I’m happy to see you guys are enjoying our old plane!

It came from a great drozpone and it’s nice to see it getting some use after Cal City shut down last year.

As for me, I’ve recently sold all my equipment and am no longer active as a skydiver. I kinda gave up on the sport after that place closed down. I just couldn’t find the same vibe anywhere else. I’m happy though. Looking for some new adventures in life!

Being a female Missourian, I wish I could have been there. I made my very first skydive out of that otter "The Desert Express" at Cal City March 26, 1996 so it would have been quite nostalgic for me to have the opportunity to make a state record out of it in my current home state 12 years later. Damn it Jim!

I was in Perris, CA this weekend and missed it although I did have the opportunity to jump with Air Trash (what a hoot of old timer skydivers and a great group of jumpers).

I'll be around to hopefully attend the Hillbilly Boogie this summer at Freefall Express so maybe we can attempt to break it again.

In the meantime, congrats to the ladies who were there and participated. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Blue skies,
Jen O'Hara D-25347
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Just read this last post that Cal City got shut down????! How come? How sad! I love that DZ (the Bob and Judy one that is). I guess I have some research to do. Bob, Judy, Nick, Cheryl, Bennie and all those folks were just fun, down to Earth good people. Where is everyone going now?

Nick Gough and Hunter Bellinger were my 1st jump instructors out of The Desert Express. Love that airplane!

:D

Antoinette says you have the Otter booked thru fall? Do you have a schedule of where she'll be

Emiko and I will be at Peperell Mass all summer.
Thanks to Brian and all at FreeFall Express in Mt Vernon Mo for letting me fly there last weekend. Gongrats girls for the record.

Just read this last post that Cal City got shut down????! How come? How sad! I love that DZ (the Bob and Judy one that is).

Don't know about Judy and Bob's place, but the Cal City they're talking about is Van's place that shut down.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Bob still has his loft... does rigging and rigger training, DPRE stuff, etc., besides his day job, but Bob and Judy pretty much have closed up too. They hadn't been running a plane of their own in quite some time when Cal City closed up. They had worked out an arrangement with Van & Alberta where they had been just buying slots for thier students / tandems & JMs on Van's plane.

Wow, guess I did. But then again, I'm not on DZ.com as much as I used to be. I try to keep up but I guess I am just falling behind :S.
The DZ thread that you stickied was about Van Prey's (don't know if I spelled that correctly) DZ. I did not know anything about that DZ except that at one point in my life, I was married to someone who did not like Van Prey and he dissuaded me from jumping there. I had moved north by then anyway but I mainly frequented Cal City (Bob and Judy's) and Taft (Dave Crouch and back when it was Air Adventures West) in 1996. I don't remember why my ex did not like the guy and I can't ask him now because he's dead, but I think it goes back to the days of the Bakersfield Boys in the 1980's. I happen to know a few.

Anyhow, Bob and Judy owned the Cal City that I made my 1st and 2nd jumps at and even though my JMs put me out in way too high winds at such a light wingloading on my 2nd jump, I survived the skydive, landed safely and thought it was the best experience of my entire life. Both times, we went out afterwards as a large group and talked about skydiving and life. Bob shot the video of my first jump and the Flying Elvi who were my skyidols at the time were there from the Nevada Chapter sitting in on my first jump course with me as the only student.
It was a load of fun and I have run into that crowd on occassion in life. I know times change and people change so I wish everyone the best but that sure was a FUN dropzone! B|