loumeinhart

USPA good experience rant

Just my limited recent experience:

My B license email was so fast I think I even got it the same day (didn't pay for 'express')

Had to order materials from them, they arrived 2 days later in my mailbox

Parachutist...hey it comes when it comes, I'm paying for much more than a magazine subscribtion..

I have had nothing but great customer service from USPA myself. If I was using customer service as a measuring tool for the greatness of the USPA they would be doing great.

It's what goes on in the boardroom that concerns me.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Two phonecalls from me, one from mz dzo, a PM to someone from USPA who read my earlier rant and asked me to PM her.... Well 6 months later and I still got no Membership card. I give up :S

P.S.: And YES I do receive the parachutist, so they have my correct address which I also confirmed in phonecalls...

I just received an award/certificate for 10 years of membership. Yippee.:D Your dues are hard at work,:D

I got 2 15 years some how, then on my 20 year I asked for it two months early. My mothers 40 was that month, so I presented her with the 40 and she presented my 20 during skyfest a few years ago. She did not appreciate advertising the fact that she was old enough top have a 40 year membership so she probably wont like this either. LOL

Always had great service from USPA!

Are we making the mistake of judging USPA by how long it takes to get a card? We make the same mistake with airlines. It's not who loses the least luggage, or their on time rating. It's really how many people get shredded by sharp aluminum shards in fiery explosions that count.

NickD :)

Good point. It's not what nonsense happens at board meetings, or who gets on the cover of Parachutist, or how long it takes to get the card. It's the actions USPA takes to safeguard skydiving and do a better job of teaching people how to stay alive in the sport that matters. Everything else is just a lot of lipstick on a pig.

Is that how you would describe USPA BillVon?

Is that what you're saying?

Lipstick on a pig?

Touche!

:D:D:D

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson