pkasdorf

Slider not down

Last saturday in my last jump of the day the slider only came down 3/4 of the way or may be a little more. I tried to lower it with my toggles and I couldn't. I checked if I could drive my canopy without problems and it was OK. I insisted in trying to lower the slider by working with my risers and after powerful shakings it finally came down. Uneventful landing.

As I was in a hurry because I had to leave and travel far I just put the gear in the gear bag without inspecting nor packing it and left it in the DZ. I'll check it next time (this or the other week-end). Nor had I time to talk about it with experienced people yet.

This had never happened to me, it did in my 395th jump. I was jumping my own gear, a Tri 160 bought new and with about 200 jumps on it. Can you tell me why this happens or may happen?

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Your chest strap is probably too tight. Try jumping with a loosened chest strap. Remember, the chest strap is not to hold you in the harness, but to keep the harness from spreading during opening shock.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Your chest strap is probably too tight. Try jumping with a loosened chest strap.

You may be right about the chest strap but it had never happened before and it wasn't tighter than usual. I may be dumb but I do not see the connection between the chest strap and the slider, could you explain it to me?

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

The closer the risers are together, the harder it is for the slider to transit all the way down. My guess is that you have been overtightening your chest strap all along and have just now noticed the slider problem. I know that when I first started jumping, I thought the chest strap had to be as tight as possible. I had the same problem with the slider. loosening the strap fixed it. GIve it a try.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717