shermanator

uspa sucks rant

I didn't have money to renew my membership, so it lapsed for a month. i renewed mid march. called today to see if i could get backorder of magazines for march, and april. "nope, you can purchase them though" wtf am i paying them for anyways?
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

USPA has always accommodated my polite requests for expediting my card or new license before a boogie, etc. Perhaps you didn't speak with the appropriate person or your tone might have been a bit off. :S You get more with honey than vinegar;)

There has been many many USPA sucks rants lately in these forums, and this is by far the very worst one. Brutal.. what the hell do you want for nothing?

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I'm right there with ya.

The other day I went to the store and bought a case of beer. On my way out I asked them for a second case of beer. "You gotta pay for it!" the asshole manager said. WTF? I just paid them, and now they want more? What am I paying them for, anyway?

USPA has always accommodated my polite requests for expediting my card or new license before a boogie, etc. Perhaps you didn't speak with the appropriate person or your tone might have been a bit off. :S You get more with honey than vinegar;)

Nah, some people are just like an old engine.....ya' gotta' use the "choke". ;)
"T'was ever thus."

I'm right there with ya.

The other day I went to the store and bought a case of beer. On my way out I asked them for a second case of beer. "You gotta pay for it!" the asshole manager said. WTF? I just paid them, and now they want more? What am I paying them for, anyway?

hehe, well said Bill

Did all of you not read the part that I did renew. According to my card, new experation is 3/31/09... payment taken out of my account on 3/21/08 .. hmmmm, doesn't that indicate that I payed in March, hence should get the march/april magazine? At the very least, should get the April magazine. I'm not trying to get something for free, I'm just trying to get what I DID PAY for.
CSA #720

Part of the dues pay for a magazine and so I would hope that the USPA would provide 12 magazines for your yearly subscribtion. I don't know how the USPA determines what 12 magazines a person gets but IMO they should give 12. I would think that next March you will recieve the March issue since the subscription expires in March. If you don't recieve an April issue this year I would expect that the April issues will also come next year.

There are some things that I disagree with regarding the USPA but this isn't one of them. The option to buy these issues seems reasonable assuming that you will recieve the magazines next year.

At the very least I think you should buy beer just to prove that you are not a cheap bastard.:D:D

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Just a guess... The USPA hires a firm to publish and send the magazines. If you are not in the database before the deadline, you don't get one... Now, to be fair, their system should say "12 issues owed" and fill their promise. If not, then I would complain.

Why not call them and simply ask, "I paid for a year membership, I am owed a years worth of mags, which ones do I get?"

Now, if they don't give you a years worth, I would be upset too....

Did all of you not read the part that I did renew. According to my card, new experation is 3/31/09... payment taken out of my account on 3/21/08 .. hmmmm, doesn't that indicate that I payed in March, hence should get the march/april magazine? At the very least, should get the April magazine. I'm not trying to get something for free, I'm just trying to get what I DID PAY for.

I don't know when your lapse in membership occurred.

According to your expiration date of 3-31-09, you did NOT pay for Mar 08. Your 12 months goes from Apr 08 to Mar 09.

I do know that 3-21 is past the deadline for mailings for the April issue. The mailing addys are sent out several weeks in advance.
I think the mag gets into the mail around the 20th or so.

You might want to ask HQ if they plan on sending you Apr 09 instead of Apr 08. That would be 12 issues.
Or you can ask for Apr 08 and be done with it.

You can avoid all of this by renewing on time.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

[reply

Apr 08 to Mar 09.

My math may be a little bad, but isn't that 11 months? not 12.

You can avoid all of this by renewing on time.

Thank you. I never thought of that. Oh wait, yeah, I did, however, life throws things at us, and I was out of work due to a lay off.

CSA #720

I love this forum thing. It used to be that if you did something stupid and complained about it to your buddies, they would bust your balls for it, and everyone would laugh. Now, you do something stupid, complain about it to the entire world on the internet, and you get to have the entire world bust your balls and think you may not be that smart. At least in the old days, your buddies would cut you slack.
The Internet - Full of Tough, Handsome Guys and Cute, Witty Girls, all protected from PAs by the Moderator - SmartGuy, 2008

didn't have money to renew my membership, so it lapsed for a month. i renewed mid march. called today to see if i could get backorder of magazines for march, and april.

Give me a good mailing address and I will send you March and April '08. I will even pay the postage.

Chris Welker

Now, you do something stupid, complain about it to the entire world on the internet, and you get to have the entire world bust your balls and think you may not be that smart. At least in the old days, your buddies would cut you slack.

Those days are over, dumbass!!! ;)

Start with April on your 1st finger then continue- you will probably need to use both hands....LOL;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That just made my day! You forgot to mention that he may even have to remove a boot!!:D

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Start with April on your 1st finger then continue- you will probably need to use both hands....LOL;)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That just made my day! You forgot to mention that he may even have to remove a boot!!:D

I am fortunate enough to have enough fingers to count to 12...

Wait...

I think I miscounted.