sanes7

Tandem Progression

I did 3 tandems which were no problem. The IAF4, my arch was horrible. Canopy control was easy and my landings were nice and on target. I redid that jump and still my arch was very poor. I ended up with line twists on that jump. I kicked out of those and landed fine once again. Needless to say due to my poor arch, bad body posistion I wasn't feeling so confident any longer. I had to hook up with my girlfriend and we worked on it all weekend long. ;) My next attempt went perfectly and I would call that jump a thing of beauty.

I would say I'm progressing through IAF confidently once again. :P I just wish I had more free time to jump.

Depends on where you jump, but most places that do tandem progression variations go straight to one AFF instructor after the training tandems

Agreed.
I have to say that I am not a huge fan of tandem progression. mostly due to me.

I find that unless there is a serious body position problem I will correct it myself subconciusly. ( the whole self preservation thing:o)
I then deny that student any feedback on minor position problems because i dont realize it.

I will admit it is a great way to ease into aff. In a way probably better than going straight into aff. the first jump or 2 can be overwhelming but with a tm on your back you can concentrate a little more on what your doing knowing that the tm isnt gonna let you kill both of you.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Agreed.
I have to say that I am not a huge fan of tandem progression. mostly due to me.

I find that unless there is a serious body position problem I will correct it myself subconciusly. ( the whole self preservation thing)
I then deny that student any feedback on minor position problems because i dont realize it<<<<<

Do you think a video would help with student body position for the debrief?

Do you think a video would help with student body position for the debrief?

It always helps.

I wear my video helmet (with a .3 lens on my PC 109) on every AFF jump I do now. Video is a tremendous debriefing tool. With the .3 lens I get the student's entire body in frame, even when I am flying with a legstrap grip on Cats A and B.

Forgive me I didn't complete the sentence. I meant to ask if a handy cam would help in debrief the tandem progression students body position? I am asking because I'm wondering if a handy cam could get the full body from the side wile mounted on the hand.:)------------------------------------------------------------