poptart

after aff then what?

my buddy and i have our aff8 jump left...i was just wondering what we are allowed to do after that until we get our class a...can we jump together? jump at a different dz? just wondering if someone can let me know what may be in our paths ahead.

ask your instructors...most DZ's have their own rules about what just-off-aff students can do. some will only let you jump with coaches and such for proficiency card reqs while others tell you to go for it "cleared for solos".

and like it's been mentioned, after AFF now that you have the basis to be a skydiver your going to learn so much on every jump. enjoy and be safe.

blues

You are cleared for solo status. You can only jump with D-license holders (if cleared by your instructors and/or local S&TA), coaches, and instructors. You can not jump with your unlicensed buddy. Some DZs have the "100 jump" rule where 2 newbs are discouraged from jumping together until they can total 100 jumps between them (not to mention have A lic). Ask your instructors, they know you and your DZ's policies.
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

I'm probably going to get an introductory course which concentrates on basic RW (as in really basic learning how to fly) and canopy piloting. Those are the skills you need the most in the beginning of your "career".

We don't really have a license system over here so I'll also try to get into some 10way head downs when I complete the intro course. And freestyleswoop the peas of course.

Please. Get yourself a Skydiver's Information Manual and read it. For the cost, it's well worth it to have all that wealth of information at your fingertips.

It's nice that you are asking and show a willingness to learn. It's even better if you get the SIM, read it and get for yourself those answers to all the millions of possible questions you could ask here.

For group freefall (two or more) student cleared for self supervision may jump with an Instructor, a Coach or a D-license holder (1 D per student, max 4-way).
See SIM 2-1 E.6.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239