heavydude

Fall Rates ?

ive been consistenly clocking 90-101 average...but then again im 160 out the door and do mostly atmo lately. my min is usually around 81-85.

i dont know about the protrack as i use an optima but on my altitrack you can switch between the algorithms that detect air speed (TAS vs SAS i think?).

anyway, one of them is usually less accurate (shows you faster than you are) so experiment a little bit!

I use SAS on my AltiTrack - it puts me at about 123-125mph when I'm alone and in a comfortable, relaxed body position. Formations are slower, therefore I have a tendency to fall out when it's broken for the next point. I've been as slow as 114 by myself but that's at the very edge of controllability - even trying to dock with one other person at that speed is pretty tough.

It showed 139 once from shorts and an UnderArmor longsleeve once :)

"We'll start the ass kissing with you"

I am curious to what experienced skydivers fall rates are running ? Maximum for Dive and Avg.
I just started tracking mine w/ protrack and its about 125 MPH.

Usually my average is about 157 with the people I jump with. 47 seconds from exit to deployment. Of course I'm a freeflyer.

Somehow I'm hitting ~150+ on my belly. Recently I went up with a C-license jumper with the intent of just docking twice and hanging out until pull time. He spent the entire jump in a HARD arch trying to get down to me, and I spent my time getting as big as possible to get up to him. His protrack clocked him at 147, and he never even got close to me. I had on jeans and an underarmor longsleeve. The next jump I borrowed a friend's baggy 1960's jumpsuit and slowed down real nice to around 120 and the jump worked well.

I guess jumpsuits make a difference.

It depends on who I am jumping with and what I am doing. I can hit 161 on my belly and I can slow up to about 118.

Part of it is the suit, and part of it is me... I think most of it is me
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Somehow I'm hitting ~150+ on my belly. Recently I went up with a C-license jumper with the intent of just docking twice and hanging out until pull time. He spent the entire jump in a HARD arch trying to get down to me, and I spent my time getting as big as possible to get up to him. His protrack clocked him at 147, and he never even got close to me. I had on jeans and an underarmor longsleeve. The next jump I borrowed a friend's baggy 1960's jumpsuit and slowed down real nice to around 120 and the jump worked well.

jumpsuits do make a differance, but so does your body position. I have a jumpsuit designed to slow me down and I can still hit 160mph on my belly. A suit that is designed for you will help you fly your body. The BPA website has a good manual on learning formation skydiving. Including body position.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

This post bears repeating. I'm sorry people but 120 is a good target to reach. If you're big then wear baggy, if your small then weights and slick tight stuff. Of course if your jumping with a group and they all decide to go faster than change it up so you can go faster.

I often wonder when the standard stopped being 120mph for belly?
Skymama's #2 stalker -