skydivingchad

USPA meeting minutes

So I'm wondering. How long does it take the USPA to post the minutes for the BOD and General Membership meetings?
It's been about 2 months and they already have the time and date for the summer meeting posted.

I'm too lazy to contact them directly and I figured I would get some better reading from the responses on here. :ph34r:

Does it usually take this long or are they just not going to post them?

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Pelt Head #3

Get hip to yourself . . .

The USPA hides out on the east coast because for 6 months out of the year there's no jumping going on and there's no jumpers banging on their door. I belong to a lot of professional associations and they all spew that same line about, "We're in Washington and working for you, and we got you a break on a rental car!" Please, it's a phony industry onto itself. USPA should be in Florida, California, or Texas. Maybe they'd then stop running that lame "spring cleaning your gear" article every April. HELLO, we are out here jumping year round and so should the office that represents us.

On Christmas morning and New Year's Day I'm doing level ones with the kid that wasn't quite ready the day before. While you're sipping eggnog in front of a fire in your fuzzy slippers I'm watching student videos and telling them how good they did.

USPA should be next door to Perris, or Eloy, or anywhere where I could take my students and introduce them to the people that have their backs. But you chose to hide where no self respecting full time jumper would live in the first place. It's like a guy with a Harley who parks it for 6 months out of a year and still calls himself a biker.

And, you know what, we know our fifty a year goes toward your snow-bound cocktail parties . . .

NickD :)

Would it be illegal to farm fish in your swoop pond all summer just so you can yank them out in the winter? :ph34r:

Don't know why I'm asking.. even if we had a swoop pond, we can't get through the snowbanks down the driveway to the airport from Dec. untill March. :S

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Get hip to yourself . . .

The USPA hides out on the east coast because for 6 months out of the year there's no jumping going on and there's no jumpers banging on their door. I belong to a lot of professional associations and they all spew that same line about, "We're in Washington and working for you, and we got you a break on a rental car!" Please, it's a phony industry onto itself. USPA should be in Florida, California, or Texas. Maybe they'd then stop running that lame "spring cleaning your gear" article every April. HELLO, we are out here jumping year round and so should the office that represents us.

On Christmas morning and New Year's Day I'm doing level ones with the kid that wasn't quite ready the day before. While you're sipping eggnog in front of a fire in your fuzzy slippers I'm watching student videos and telling them how good they did.

USPA should be next door to Perris, or Eloy, or anywhere where I could take my students and introduce them to the people that have their backs. But you chose to hide where no self respecting full time jumper would live in the first place. It's like a guy with a Harley who parks it for 6 months out of a year and still calls himself a biker.

And, you know what, we know our fifty a year goes toward your snow-bound cocktail parties . . .

NickD :)

So what you're sayin' Nick is that unlike in the 'general society'. . .

In Skydiving ~ Those that can - TEACH...those that can't Govern! :ph34r:;)

BTW. . fifty don't buy a lotta cocktails in that part of the country, maybe someone out there is smokin' WHO's ashes! :D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Didn't you see the horrible whitewash in this month's PARACHUTIST, according to it everything is fine and dandy . . .

Wasn't there one sentence that mentioned the closed-door sessions (but not called that)??? One sentence to convey the bulk of the meetings.

Talk about denial.

(Ummm...you don't need to see his identification...these aren't the dilatory droids you're looking for...move along.)
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

You don't need to know what they do with the money, you just need to know where to send it. Move along.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson