minime04

Jump ticket

Jump tickets will probably start increasing.

There is not much any of us can do about the cost of fuel (energy). It is affecting everything in our lives, either direct or indirect.

The only thing I can do, is VOTE this November and not re-elect anyone or any party already in office. They have clearly not done anything for me or you. Will this help fix things, who knows, but if you keep doing the same thing, re-electing the same people, you should expect the same outcome.

Ooops. I think I just hijacked your thread and made it political. Sorry.

You´re Complaining about ticket costs in the U.S?

I pay US$ 68 for a 11 grand jump from a cessna at my home dropzone.

If i want to jump from a Caravan from 12 grand i have to pay US$ 50 plus a airplane ticket. [:/]

I bet you feel better about the costs now. ;)

Later

Plus the jump ticket will be going up more too

True but...

In 1974, when Otters first became available for jumping in Perris, a lift to 12,500 was $8.50. Now it's $25, or a 3X increase.

In 1973, A square canopy cost about $600. Now $1800 seems about average. Again, a 3X increase.

In 1974, I bought a new Pinto Station Wagon for under $3,000. Try to buy a new car for under $9,000 now! Prices have gone up more than 3X.

In 1974, Congress passed a bill providing for a gradual increase from the prevailing $1.60 per hour to $2.30 per hour by 1976. In 2007 it was $5.85. Wages have gone up more than 3X.

In general, skydiving prices have gone up less than the average inflation. It isn't really that bad!

What do you want to do, die with $ left in your bank account?

Blue skies!

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

I will just sell more coke to all your strung out spoiled college kids

And how do you think a lot of jumping was financed in the 80's? Read the post in history & trivia about Cowboys Caravan.

BSBD

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

Back to your question about the future of the sport.

I will give my country as a example. In the last 7 years, the jump ticket has gone up a little bit more than 300% price increase. B| and we have somewhat of a "stable" economy, the oil price skyrocketed in my country since 2000, and we are supposed to be a self-sufficiency country. Go figure :S

But the sport just keeps getting bigger, and people keep on jumping.
In a few decades when the jump ticket will cost the same price as here, i bet people will keep on jumping too. B|

And US$ 50 to us is a lot more than US$ 50 to an American or European person, it hurts a lot more in our pocket. [:/]

If you really love the sport, you will always find a way to jump. :)

Its just like when the prices of cigarettes got jacked up a year or two ago... everyone bitched about it, claimed they were gonna quit, and are still puffing away. Anybody got a light?

Anyone who is passionate about this sport will find a way to come up with the money, no doubt. If you love something you will find a way