partyboy

How far do you drive to the DZ each weekend??

7 minutes to Skydive Elsinore, 6 to Skydive Perris.... I usually jump at Elsinore, and goto Perris for the tunnel...

but I drive ALOT for my job it that makes you feel any better :(

cya,
pcnut

these 2 dropzones are that close to each other?

thinking about hitting up some cali dz's this summer...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

92 miles door to door. Approx 1 hour 20 minutes. I've been making this drive for ten years and I don't give a hoot about gas prices, jump ticket prices, gear prices, rigger prices, etc. I get to jump out of a plane, freefall and land a parachute!!! I love this sport!!! I am NOT rich, just a working slob but there aren't alot of people who have as much fun as I do on the weekends!!! We have one guy who drives over 8 hours, past DZ's he doesn't like to jump with us!! And he is thrilled to do it!!

I travel thru 3 states to jump.
Granted, one of them is Rhode Island, which is less than 2.5 miles away. So, 48.1 mi door to door. ~ 40 min.
There used to be one closer (10-15 min.) but they got shut down a few years ago.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

I drive an hour and a half from Santa Rosa, CA to Davis, CA. I really like the atmosphere at Skydance, it's worth the drive. Besides, the closest DZ is less than 20 minutes closer... It's ok for a day trip... but luckily my girlfriend lives in Davis so that saves a lot of miles :)

7 minutes to Skydive Elsinore, 6 to Skydive Perris.... I usually jump at Elsinore, and goto Perris for the tunnel...

but I drive ALOT for my job it that makes you feel any better :(

cya,
pcnut

these 2 dropzones are that close to each other?

thinking about hitting up some cali dz's this summer...

Yes they are....about 15 minutes depending on which route and traffic.... I have never jumped at Perris though...just the wind tunnel..... but I will soon

I have heard good things about Perris and I KNOW the people at Elsinore are extremely friendly and easy going....

Yesterday some of the AFF students/Instructor at Elsinore ran over to Perris for some tunnel time since the winds were to strong/turbulent for students...then they came back and got to jump later in the day when things calmed down...

cya,
pcnut

I know this is an old thread, but I got to thinking about it and just how fortunate I am. I was exploring DZs near my kids so I can jump when I visit them [Missouri but moving to San Jose soon, New Mexico and Oregon]. It was in terms of an hour or more from a couple of their houses. For me, I can look out my front window and see the sky above my DZ, in Washington that is important. I can hear the Twin Otter from my front porch and watch parachutes from my office window. I get a slow minute and a couple of bucks, a clearing sky and I can be bothering the Farringtons in 10 minutes or less and includes a trip to my house to get my stuff. Life is good.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672