partyboy

How far do you drive to the DZ each weekend??

errr I hate all the driving....
I'm in Canada and the closet DZ is 8hrs west and some 14hrs east...
So I do all my jumping state side....
Closet DZ is skydive superior at 180miles so approx. 3hrs one way...2 cessna's to jump at $20
Next DZ is skydive twincities at 360miles so approx. 6hrs depending on traffic usally less thou....1 cessna,
1 beaver and 1 twin otter....
Both DZ's are great in there own way...obviously jumping from the otter is preferred but not always practicle...

O I cant wait till spring hits...

Mike

Not sure but Skydive Wissota might be closer to you than Skydive Twin Cities. Come visit us!!! $15 from 10k' (182s) plus an awesome night life. And why wait until spring hits?!?! We're open all year round! Spend the weekend in the clubhouse and save on lodging fees. I usually come up with something for dinner so save on food. If I know we have "special visitors" for the weekend, I'll grab a prime rib from work or make something awesome for dinner.

Please...visit us!!!:)
Edited to add: We won't tell Chuck and/or Mark that you ditched SS for us!!

...Once my house sells, I'll be about 60 yards from the clubhouse and two of the planes will be in my "backyard" at night.

Welcome to the DZ Bum Club!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

ya I will have to try Wissota this summer....

I have jumped with cora and erica thou....
I'm pretty sure they are from around there...

anyways I will look you up wildfan75 this summer for sure....and if it gets warm enough soon I may come early...

Mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

I dont drive out here since I am currently living in Australia for eight months, and I think if I tried a right hand drive vehicle, I'd kill someone :P(not to mention, mess my head up when I come home in the fall!!); however I do have to take a 45 min train to meet up w/one of my skydiving buddies and catch a lift down to the dz. The drive from the station is about and 1 hr or so, so just about 2 hrs one way. I can also take a city train and then switch to a country train out to Campbelltown (closest stop to the dz @ Picton where I jump), which is about an hr or so, and then have someone pick me up and its about another 30 min long drive from there to the dz. I do really appreciate all those who have been willing to pick my ass up and drive me to and from the dz (that would be you Dave, Steve, Cath and Alex!!! :)

"Sex.... It's just like cuddling - only damper."
Flying Hellfish#695
Muff Brother#3885
Rodriguez Brother#1526-Tronca Rodriguez

I live 96.80 miles from my home DZ. Mapquest says it takes 1 hour 55 minutes, I normally make it in 1 hour 25 minutes ;) (Still waiting on that first ticket...)

Hate to say it but there's actually a DZ 14 miles from my house, but it's a small DZ with two 182's and I didn't want to do a static line progression when starting out.

I've gotten spoiled by 8 minutes to 14K, but once I have my own rig I'll hit up to local DZ and see what it's all about. Untill I did this post I didn't realize that DZ was so close to my house. Hmmmmm... I could almost go jump during my lunch break :)

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Mapquest says it takes 1 hour 55 minutes, I normally make it in 1 hour 25 minutes (Still waiting on that first ticket...)

I wonder what percentage of jumpers have gotten speeding tickets on the way to the DZ? I'm guessing it's pretty high.

I got one my second year of jumping. I was within ten minutes of the DZ, and I saw a Cessna flying around. While I was trying to figure out if it was one of the DZ planes, the occupants of the plane were busy clocking my speed, and calling the tropper on the side of the road 1/2 mile ahead telling him to pull me over for speeding.

That was the first of probably 5 or 6 tickets I've gotten on the way to the DZ.

Mapquest says it takes 1 hour 55 minutes, I normally make it in 1 hour 25 minutes (Still waiting on that first ticket...)

I wonder what percentage of jumpers have gotten speeding tickets on the way to the DZ? I'm guessing it's pretty high.

I got one my second year of jumping. I was within ten minutes of the DZ, and I saw a Cessna flying around. While I was trying to figure out if it was one of the DZ planes, the occupants of the plane were busy clocking my speed, and calling the tropper on the side of the road 1/2 mile ahead telling him to pull me over for speeding.

That was the first of probably 5 or 6 tickets I've gotten on the way to the DZ.

:D You ain't a skydiver if you haven't been busted for speeding on the way to the DZ! I can remember at least 5 myself. I've also gotten two warnings, but those were on my way home. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban