partyboy

How far do you drive to the DZ each weekend??

I have to drive 3 hours to jump, due to a good job I have. Is this all that bad. Can someone sympathize with me. Damn, I wish I lived closer..arrhghgghg..

I live 14 miles from Spaceland.

If I can put the Alfa into afterburner mode, I can be there in 10 minutes or so.

Blue skies,

Winsor

1 hour and 20 mins! We are looking to move closer in a year or two. Living in GA it seems everything is AT LEAST an HOUR+ to get to anything. At this point I spend too much time in the car so if I could at least spend my weekends closer to home it would be well worth it! :)

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

nearly 4 hours. And I hate it.

me 2

don't own a car
or drive well
so catch a ride with one of the 3 of us here from my drop zone. One guy, one car .... the rest of us, bumming.

$40 gas each trip.
4 to 5 hrs each way depending on weather.
sleep with my sleeping bag at the DZ on a couch hopefully, or in my wheelchair,
but usually I stay with Angus-my coach.

He can fit me,my wheelchair, his parachute, and my gear for the weekend in his little smart car...
drove me home once even!
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Mapquest says it takes 1 hour 55 minutes, I normally make it in 1 hour 25 minutes (Still waiting on that first ticket...)

I wonder what percentage of jumpers have gotten speeding tickets on the way to the DZ? I'm guessing it's pretty high.

I got one my second year of jumping. I was within ten minutes of the DZ, and I saw a Cessna flying around. While I was trying to figure out if it was one of the DZ planes, the occupants of the plane were busy clocking my speed, and calling the tropper on the side of the road 1/2 mile ahead telling him to pull me over for speeding.

That was the first of probably 5 or 6 tickets I've gotten on the way to the DZ.

:D You ain't a skydiver if you haven't been busted for speeding on the way to the DZ! I can remember at least 5 myself. I've also gotten two warnings, but those were on my way home. :S

Yeah, I can deal with paying for a ticket or two on the way TO the DZ, I'm just worried about getting pulled over FROM the DZ after 4 beers at the DZ and three in the car....... if ya know what I mean.

BTW kids, don't drink and drive :|
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

20 minutes, 45 minutes, 90 minutes, and 150 minutes.

Gatineau, Arnprior, Gananoque and NouvelAir respectively. NouvelAir is the nearest full-time turbine DZ, while Gananoque has Otter boogies.

I'll probably be jumping Gatineau airport more often this year.

4.5 hrs to cross keys
3hrs to the ranch
3hrs to skys the limit

i'm kind of a nomad these days looking for a home dz...it sucks having to drive so far especially when i dont have a car (have to borrow my roommates whenever he's not in a foul mood).

skydive fingerlakes is like 45 min from me, but i dont have my rig yet (wings 14 week waiting period!!!) so will have to wait a while till they get their rental rig out.

20 minutes via highway.

Originally the only 2 dropzones I could find were 3 hours away each... I actually booked my AFF1 and then 3 days before the jump found a little single Cessna 182 dropzone that only does students/fun jumpers (no tandems).

Rang up the chief instructor and his attitude immediately grabbed me (within 5 minutes he was telling me if I come to jump at his dropzone I will leave my girlfriend and sell my car :)
I was god damn lucky I found it B| Felt at home on the first day... plus it's only 20 minutes away ;)

1 hour and 20 mins! We are looking to move closer in a year or two. Living in GA it seems everything is AT LEAST an HOUR+ to get to anything.

A geographical oddity, that Georgia.

Used to be you could get anywhere in 15 minutes in Georgia.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Used to be a decent hike... Now.. 15 min. Sold the trailer because it was more comfortable to sleep in m own bed. Downside is that now I need a sober driver to get me to my bed.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson