partyboy

How far do you drive to the DZ each weekend??

About 3 1/2 hours one way when I actually get to visit my "home" dz. Usually I get up about 5 am, get there by 9:30-10, and leave by 9-10 pm and get home well after midnight after I stop and eat. The Farm isn't the closest by far, but it's worth the extra effort.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Depending on what route I take through the Cities its between 121 and 119 miles one way. Friday nights with traffic can take anywhere between 2 and 3 hours. Sunday evenings take about 1 hour 40 minutes. I spend about $25-30 each weekend in gas.

Once my house sells, I'll be about 60 yards from the clubhouse and two of the planes will be in my "backyard" at night.

When's the last time you made it out?

Usually every other weekend, because of child custody. I went to Eloy a few weekends ago, that was a little bit farther. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I drive 1 hour and 20 minutes but it's freeway most of the way. Frankly, I'm glad it's not closer because I can't afford to jump every weekend anyway; nor would I want to. I remember the days when I would drive 3 hours to the DZ and never missed a weekend.

Luckily, as I got older I started to appreciate real life too. It was always a balancing act but I never missed one of my daughter's birthday parties (she's in Heaven now so I have no regrets).

I'm still jumping and will be until I can't walk to the plane. Sorry to go off on a tangent :)

It's between 20-30 minutes to both of the DZ's that I have jumped at in my current area. Of course one of my local DZ's is much closer to my parents house.

When I first started jumping I would drive anywhere from 45 minutes to 2.5 hrs to jump for the weekend... depending on which dropzone in Georgia I wanted to go to...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

100 miles exactly each way. 2 hours through the woods, very little interstate driving. Porter, Caravan.

55 miles to the other one, 182's.

70 miles to the next one, 182.

all are good, just some days are better then others.
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

errr I hate all the driving....
I'm in Canada and the closet DZ is 8hrs west and some 14hrs east...
So I do all my jumping state side....
Closet DZ is skydive superior at 180miles so approx. 3hrs one way...2 cessna's to jump at $20
Next DZ is skydive twincities at 360miles so approx. 6hrs depending on traffic usally less thou....1 cessna,
1 beaver and 1 twin otter....
Both DZ's are great in there own way...obviously jumping from the otter is preferred but not always practicle...

O I cant wait till spring hits...

Mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"