Ronaldo

MEL (Skyworks Rigging)

I'm sure he has access to his laptop but I doubt he has a spare second for non contracted work related email.

I was away from my office for the past four months at another firm. My solution was simple, I put up an out of office message on my email, and I changed my voice message to reflect this fact.

Oh well, I have no axe to grind here, but I think this is being handled wrong.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

To Mel:
I can't imagine you Mel somewhere in your field of work outside of rigging where you don't have access to your email or this forum. You came back last time after a long hiatus and said this would never happen again. "The logistics were worked out" or so you said.
Come on man....we supported you for a long time please step up to the plate and at least return the equipment to these people so they can move on.

I work in the field That Mel is performing some contracting in as a customer. When this type of work comes up it has time sensitive window to get it done or else. The contractors go in are tied to their cell phones and laptops. Working very long hours. Dealing with unforseen issues. Living out of hotel rooms. Taking calls into the late hours, early start times. No weekends or holidays off. Writing reports in their spare time, of which there is none. Don't forget about dealing with the old lady at home who will always have an earful for you. Some of these guys never sleep. I'm sure he has access to his laptop but I doubt he has a spare second for non contracted work related email.

I waited six months for my H-mod ( not from Mel). When you get it you will love the mod.

Ummm. I think that's ok if you don't have another buisiness. But when you know people are counting on you this comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless this is some prearranged deal. Apparantly he disappears and reappears at his own leisure without any notice.
This has come up before on this forum and Mel himself responded. He appolized and explained the nature of his covert job. He also said he would never drop the ball again.
I know what kind of workd Mel does. He has done quite a bit for me in fact. The wait isn't the problem. The uncertainty is.

Just talked to Mark on the phone today to send him my rig for a reserve repack. He's done my last 4 or 5 repacks, and I haven't had any issues. Sounds like ya'll may have some timing issues getting ahold of him. I'm not sure of the nature of his other work. He's always been good to me...