skydivelaw

Skydive San Francisco Information

I am looking for help. I need any information about who was flying the Cessna 182 aircraft for the entire month of March 08 and April 08. I also need information as to whom the riggers, packers and instructors were for this period of time. Reward may be available for properly verified and useable information. I am also requesting any information to alcohol use at this DZ.
Thanks Skydivelaw.

This news article may or may not be relevant to this thread.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/article/20080410/NEWS/804100379/1033/NEWS&template=kart

Cloverdale has suspended the lease of a skydiving company at the city airport following an injury to one of its instructors and safety complaints from an ex-employee.

"We are asking for certifications that they are in compliance, that they have parachute packers certified by the Federal Aviation Administration and instructors who meet U.S. Parachute Association standards," said Nina Regor, Cloverdale's city manager.

The company, Skydive San Francisco, also is being investigated by the FAA, which is acting on a complaint from an employee who was fired.

A co-owner and manager of the company, Dee Jones, did not return calls for comment.

The other co-owner, Colin Medalie, said he could not comment, citing a court order barring him from interfering while control of the company is decided in a divorce.

The company has been operating at Cloverdale Municipal Airport for 12 years, offering tandem jumps for $199.

In the past year, there have been three injuries, two to the same skydiving instructor and one to a customer, according to a current worker and the ex-employee who complained to the city and the FAA.

On Saturday, Cloverdale ordered the company to suspend operations until it provided proof that it met the requirements of the lease, Regor said.

The lease requires that main and emergency parachutes be packed by FAA certified riggers, the company be a member of the U.S. Parachute Association and the company meet association safety requirements.

In the notice to Jones and Medalie, the city asks the company to address allegations from ex-employee David Mikesell that parachutes were packed by someone without proper certification, instructors did not have association ratings, alcohol was consumed during parachuting operations and airplanes were not insured.

FAA spokesman Ian Gregor confirmed the agency is investigating, but said he could not talk about the complaint.You can reach Staff Writer Bob Norberg at 521-5206 or [email protected]
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I know Colin isn't the best liked chap, but who would give information to an unknown source for a "reward" and then have to testify when you could be skydiving. IMHO I think"skydivelaw" is desperate for incriminating evidence that won't prove a thing. I wonder how many people have twisted there ankles in the pot holes on that airport? There would be some easy money for a lawyer.

;)

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

who would give information to an unknown source for a "reward" and then have to testify when you could be skydiving.

No, not for a reward. for a reward that may be available. I bet the guy paying the reward is also responsible for determining if it is verifiable or usable. You'll probably need to provide your own lawyer to collect on it :D
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

who would give information to an unknown source for a "reward" and then have to testify when you could be skydiving.

No, not for a reward. for a reward that may be available. I bet the guy paying the reward is also responsible for determining if it is verifiable or usable. You'll probably need to provide your own lawyer to collect on it :D

Oh, c'mon. If you can't trust a lawyer, who can you trust. ;)

I'm sure that there will be a fair and honest determination of who "may be" given money from the attorneys pocket. :ph34r:

After all, these are the people who brought you the phrase "You may already be a winner".
:D

IMHO I think"skydivelaw" is desperate for incriminating evidence that won't prove a thing.

You don't have to "prove" anything in a civil case.
You just need to get them to agree with you.

Usually, information is collected and then sifted for what part can be used to support your side.

Then, the attorney relies on the general ignorance of the public on topics, such as waivers, USPA membership, FARs, and FAA rules.

Any opposing truth is twisted to the interests of the client.

New Jersey has more toxic landfills than any other state.
California has more attorneys.
This is because New Jersey got first choice.

And it can be assured that this is all, of course, in the interest of the sport of skydiving first. I'm sure any information gathered here will be used only to make the world a better and cheaper place for jumpers.

I mean, two of the three described injuries happened to one guy

I didn't go to law school or anything, but it seems there are more discreet and productive ways of finding out this information than showing up to dz.com and saying 'Hi. I'm an attorney. Someone tell me everything they know". At least everyone involved now has fair warning that someone's out fishing for lawsuit fodder :D

Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

The company, Skydive San Francisco, also is being investigated by the FAA, which is acting on a complaint from an employee who was fired.

-- allegations from ex-employee David Mikesell that parachutes were packed by someone without proper certification, instructors did not have association ratings, alcohol was consumed during parachuting operations and airplanes were not insured

Dave Mikesell is a con man with absolutely no credibility. He is the same guy "believed" to have filed complaints against Bill Dause in Lodi after abruptly leaving. He is also the same guy that is suspected of numerous gear and equipment thefts at southern DZs as well as other crimes. By the way Dave, if you are reading this, Summerville PD still has an arson case with your name on it (you know the one where your car burned up in your backyard with your then-wife's dog in it). Of course you remember, you fled the state shortly after the investigation began and it was determined that accererants had been used on the car. I would love to "chat" with you sometime about it -- as Summerville PD still has a lot of questions and no statue of limitations.

Those around Dave need to distance themselves very quickly as he is not what he has been portraying himself to be. He has left many angry people in his wake from DZ to DZ. Colin, you need to do your homework and realize he is not the one you should be relying on to help you (if you in fact are).

By the way, I am not taking sides in the Cloverdale issue and have nothing against anyone there other than Dave Mikesell (I still consider others there to be friends). I also usually do not get involved in civil disputes as they tend to become nightmares. However, you have to play fair and using someone like Dave Mikesell to push your agenda is out of line. Colin and others there need to take the time to find out more about him. I have only been looking into him for the past few weeks and already have a binder full of information. He is not someone you want on your side and his time is coming. I would love to share more but it will all come out in due time.

I used to fly the jump planes at Cloverdale and I'll never give a statement to any lawyer for any amount of reward!
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin-