airdvr

How would your life be different?

Have you ever considered how your life would be different had you not started jumping?

What if you hadn't gone to the DZ and made that first jump?

For me, I probably wouldn't have divorced my first wife, at least not for jumping reasons. We would have had kids in the '80's They'd be in their late 20's now. I would have continued to get high every day, as she and her freinds still do. I'd still live near my hometown.

It's a scary thought really.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I wouldn't have met the wonderful folks that I have - different ones, maybe....

Probably wouldn't have been richer. I'd have spent it on bikes, beer and bonking.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I wouldn't have realized how much awesome life is and would probably still be floating through without passion, I would have never met my soulmate, or any of the other wonderful people who've come into my life the past couple years, would still be bartending and making a LOT of money...to name a few.
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

I've tried, but it's just TOO different to imagine. I was raised on dropzones and literally can't imagine it not being a part of my life. But some things I can think of:

I wouldn't have moved to AZ. I'd probably have a shit-ton more money. I probably wouldn't have had to confidence to quit a boring-as-hell engineering career and do something worth my time... getting on a team, being an RW organizer, and getting my coach/AFF/rigger ratings have done more than I can ever describe to overcome my natural shyness and social awkwardness. I'd have less motivation to keep in shape. The list is huge.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

I wouldnt check the weather so often, id have more money. I would have more time for friends, even though ive met some of my best friends at the dropzone. I would be depressed having no passion in life.

I might actually still have my dream car that i gave up to afford more jumps and gear. My priorities wouldnt have changed and Id still want to be rich and have everything. Now all i want is enough to pay bills and jump when i want. I wouldnt be considering moving to arizona. The list continues, even being a newbie jumper it has already taken a death grip on my life and my priorities.

1) I'd be so deep in depression right now, I don't know what I'd consider doing.. man, jumping really gives your life a whole new meaning
2) I would still be with my ex (ew, scary thought), living a shitty life and not yet knowing what a dick he can be when it comes to me having a hobby he doesn't wanna have anything to do with
3) I wouldn't have the person I now consider to be the love of my life

For me, I probably wouldn't have divorced my first wife ....
It's a scary thought really.

For me, just the opposite. There was a time when my marriage was in trouble. If I would have gone with the divorce, there wouldn't be any money for jumping, lawyers are expensive. So, I hung in the marriage. Eventually things got better, much better. Now she is the coolest NSSO (Non Skydiving Significant Other) out there.

Skydiving actually SAVED my marriage.

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I wouldn't have joined the heavy metal club

I would have gotten better grades in school

I wouldn't have been looking for weekends so bad

I wouldn't have spent $16K on medical bills

I wouldn't have to be so depressed because I can't skydive (It would be funny to skydive when you park you car in a disabled spot:D)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

I'd probably still be sitting at home on weekends wondering what to do, as opposed to spending all my free time at the drop zone. I also wouldn't have met all the cool people I'm now friends with. One guy in particular, another student, I've only known for a month or so and already he and I are really good friends.

Of course, since I only started about a month ago, my life wouldn't be that different :D

Skydiving forever changed my life the day that I made my first tandem jump (Nov. 11th, 2004). I'd been through a very painful separation and was headed towards divorce that year. I decided on a whim to make a tandem jump for my birthday and my parents got me one as a b-day present. That jump forever changed my life as it was the first day I chose to embark on this amazing adventure that is skydiving!!!
Had I not found skydiving, I wouldn't have met all of the amazing people I've met and travelled to all of the great drop zones I've been too. My self esteem would still most likely be at an all time low (depression probably would have overtaken me completely), I may have even reconciled with my ex husband, had kids with him and ended up being an unhappy, very unfulfilled person.
Skydiving gave me the confidence to realize that I can do whatever it is I set my mind upon, that I can be (and am) happy in and of myself, and that I didn't have to settle for mediocrity ever again. I learned more than ever that life is far too short and too precious to not be living each day as if it were my last, and I don't think I would have learned anything of these lessons so readily had I not found the sport at this stage in my life (or it found me, not sure). I believe that everything in life happens for a reason and I am so grateful to have come to this place and look forward to the many adventures ahead of me in the big blue skies!!!!
"Sex.... It's just like cuddling - only damper."
Flying Hellfish#695
Muff Brother#3885
Rodriguez Brother#1526-Tronca Rodriguez

Skydiving forever changed my life the day that I made my first tandem jump (Nov. 11th, 2004). I'd been through a very painful separation and was headed towards divorce that year. I decided on a whim to make a tandem jump for my birthday and my parents got me one as a b-day present. That jump forever changed my life as it was the first day I chose to embark on this amazing adventure that is skydiving!!!

Ditto!!!!