Joea

First Freefall Today!!

Amazing... that's all I can say... ok, no it's not...;)

I stepped away from the plane and immediately felt myself going backwards. But I did as my instructor said and just arched like I was trying to tuck my head into my ass, and and what do you know... I felt my body turn back and suddenly I was belly down. I felt for a split second that I could easily stayed in that position, but then I got to "FIVE" and I pulled.

Beautiful, smooth deployment and a nice flight down.

To all students... Listen to your instructor. Your natural instinct to flail your arms and legs is strong.. fight it... the arch works and it did what it's supposed to do for me today.

I'm still a student, but today, I'm no longer just a jumper, I'm a skydiver!! Onward and upwards to my 10 seconds!
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. - Clarence Worley from "True Romance"

I'm now Solo Certified (CSPA, Canadian Novice rating before "A") and have done three 45 - 50 second free falls (as well as my student progression FF's). I'm all on my own now. Because I'm a big guy, my stability is great and very relaxed. All my instructors said I fall faster than anyone they've seen. One instructor had to add a weight belt and follow in a sit fly just to stay with me while I was belly down. According to his logger, he figures my belly down terminal is about 140+!!

I did my first sunset jump last night... I really know why the birds sing, it was amazing.

No questions or concerns, I just felt like gushing.:D

It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. - Clarence Worley from "True Romance"