LivingLegend

Piper Cherokee 6 Pilots advice needed

Hi
We are looking to do a demo jump from a Piper Cherokee 6 and need to talk to a pilot who has made drops from this type of plane before.
Our pilot just wants to ask some advice if there is anyone out there please ?

Many thanks

1.618 !

I'm afraid that's all that's available

Is rolling out the method ?

An Pilots out there have done this ?

I have quite a few demos out of a '6', and no it's not the most ideal AC, but there are worse.

I would recommend a single file, stable exit, if the pilot has no 'jumper dumper' experience.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

If the pilot puts the flaps down and keeps the nose down and you roll out you will be fine. I would not try to rear float unless you plane to run to the back and exit over the tail.:P:D

I have not dropped jumpers out of a 6 but have a few hours in one and many hrs in a Senecca III (same airframe but a twin)

Make sure that everyone understands the dangers of the tail.

I have done a number of demo's from a "6", Seneca III and a Turbo Saratoga - follow Airtwardo's advice and you'll be fine. Just dive down low, no big "arch" on exit. Spotting is not so easy with the low wing, so you might want to make sure that the pilot understands the importance of flying directly over the spot on the windline - that will make corrections easier. Good luck !

Peter .

As cepox said...talk to tony knight. We launched a linked 3 way out of it and had no problems at all. Front float, read float, one inside. Actually it was the best three way exit I've every experienced.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

As cepox said...talk to tony knight. We launched a linked 3 way out of it and had no problems at all. Front float, read float, one inside. Actually it was the best three way exit I've every experienced.

We used one for a season as a backup plane a dozen years ago before getting rid of it (and don't miss it at all)

No problems taking a three way out of it but for a demo with a pilot who hasn't dropped jumpers out of it I would just go single file out (KISS).

The crowd doesnt care what type of exit you do.

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Twas fun until you grabbed me in naughty places

You said that you like inside grips.... make y'mind up.

I loved that little plane.... Nice exit, great spot too.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome