crashtested

As promised - barber chair skydive

Awesome video!

I was wondering, though, how much did the chair weigh, and how was it attached to his foot? It looked like it came right off as soon as it hit the ground.

And since I'm very attached to my beard, I'm never letting any of you near me in freefall!

Awesome video!

I was wondering, though, how much did the chair weigh, and how was it attached to his foot? It looked like it came right off as soon as it hit the ground.

It's like a skyboard - you have it connected in freefall so it doesn't fall on any one, disconnect it on opening, and just keep it hanging on your toes until a few feet before you land.

the chair weighed in at 4 stone... which is about 30lbs i think.... we had a base on before hand but it proved to be to dangerous due to air resistance...

The shot was actually made in one shoot.. which looked awsome.. but We did another just so the editing guys had more to work with.....

it was teathered to mark harris (birdmantopgun.co.uk), who did an awsome job as a primary as sorts, he lost his balls in the first shoot due to not having a jock stap on....

The chair also had a round reserve and add fitted just in case, with ground crew and 2 other skydivers who pulled higher in case we had a floater, so we could follow it down and make the area safe of walkers etc and cars....

A lot of people put alot of work into this.... and the video is dedicated to Marks dad... who got ill just b4 filming and passed away a couple of weeks after..

So when you next have a glass please raise it to Paul Harris who will be missed by friends and family...
This ones for you :)

the chair weighed in at 4 stone... which is about 30lbs i think.... we had a base on before hand but it proved to be to dangerous due to air resistance...
:)

14lbs to the stone, so 4 stone is (4x14)56lbs, that's a lot of wieght hanging of your foot
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?