tdog

Skydiving: Burning Fossil Fuels for the Fun of It.

wait a minute i think i got it --- lets build a thirteen thousand foot staircase!!!!!

WinkWinkWink

i know it didnt work in the bible but hey you never know

That's just silly! Everybody knows that the way of the future for skydiving is wormholes. It'll be interesting to see how the digital altimeters and AADs of the aircraft era deal with the sudden pressure change when the wormhole is turned on.

The exchange rate may have changed since, but 25 GBP was almost 55 USD at the end of year 2007 when the GBP was worth more than 2 dollars!

Hmm, indeed, or all those people making a living out of intraday forex trading wouldn't be able to afford their hobbies either.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Take your liberal speach to Speaker corner.

Does that mean obesity is a conservative idea?

We sure got a smart one on our hands:S Try reading next time.

"Speach"? Try spelling next time.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I dont need to know how to spell that well to get good point across, but you need to be able to read an entire post to give an educated responce!!!!!!!!

Or possibly "response". ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Aus dollars.

Local dropzone - $35 to 10,000ft

Big dropzone - $40 to 14,000ft

That's reasonable I guess, it's the $40 of gear hire that's really breaking my balls... $200+ for a 3 jump day is absolutely hell on my poor student pockets.

I was thinking about the electric RC model aircraft I had about 10 years ago. It had a nicad battery pack that charged up in about 15 minutes and could fly up pretty high. An electric jumpship would be really really cool...

-Michael

we need to develop much much lighter batteries for an electric full size airplane to be feasible. imo I don't see this ever happening since it would always be easier/cheaper/way lighter to use energy produced on the ground to undergo some loss to get changed over to energy stored in chemical bonds (e.g. hydrocarbons from petroleum, hydrogen, etc) and be used for combustion in a powerplant.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ