BillyVance

Jump prices when you started

I realize this is going to bring out some wildly fluctuating figures, so include the year you started and any other info you wish to divulge.

Me = $40 Static Line training jumps (after the 1st one) in 1993.

$13 jumps to 10,000 feet from C182s, $16 jumps to 15,000 feet from the King Air, or $99 Boogie-Til-Ya-Puke in 1996.

Those were the good old days. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I started in 1987 - a dollar a thousand was the norm. Mostly jumps from 8K for $8, AFF from 11K

The Des Moines Skydivers had a year or two with "frequent Flyer programs" where you paid $40 for the program and as you approach 40 jumps, the jump price would move from $/K down to $5 per jump....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This was to 7200' in mid 70s. I'm kind'a wondering why I have an unspent ticket too...

I dunno... is it still good? :D

A friend of mine was going through his gear getting them sorted out to get ready to sell as he was getting out of the sport and he found a couple of unused tickets from the WFFC 10 years prior. D'oh!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Pretty sure fun jumps were $14 to 14K when I started in 1998. Quickly went up to $16 right after I finished AFF when the DZ switched from a king air to a twin otter.

Guess the price was pretty steady from the late 70s through the late 90s...

I think my first jump (AFF1) was $230... but that included a group discount.

Dave

Gosh, I can't remember what any of my student jumps cost, but if I remember correctly, it was somewhere between $900 and $1200 to go all the way through student status depending on whether or not you did the AFF progression or the Static Line to A3F progression when I learned at Cal City back in the early 90s.

After that, it was $17 for a ride to altitude circa 1993 / 1994. :)

2006:
FJC & 1 S/L jump $140
FJC & 5 S/L jumps $240
20 jump package to get you to A license $500 (included gear, jump, instruction, sometimes video)
If you had your own gear: $14 from 10K (182's)

2008:
FJC & 1 S/L jump $140
FJC & 5 S/L jumps $240
20 jump package to get you to A license $500 (included gear, jump, instruction, sometimes video)
If you had your own gear: $15 from 10K (182's)

I [heart] Bob [/heart] !

Started 1981.In Bamberg Germany ,A retired
Sgt Major ran the jump club there.He had
something like 40 rigs.100 dolars for training
And the static line course,and freefall progression.
Use of his gear.The Entire time you where there.
We would use Hueys alot.1 dollar to jump all
day.That was for the pilots lunch.They would go to
to 8500 ft.Also had Chinooks on occasion.After I
Got out in 82.Most of the boogies had DC-3s.A
Dollar a Thousand feet..

I realize this is going to bring out some wildly fluctuating figures, so include the year you started and any other info you wish to divulge.

Me = $40 Static Line training jumps (after the 1st one) in 1993.

$13 jumps to 10,000 feet from C182s, $16 jumps to 15,000 feet from the King Air, or $99 Boogie-Til-Ya-Puke in 1996.

Those were the good old days. [:/]

I started in 1980 at Sky Knights SPC in Wisconsin and I seem to remember $5.00 to 7,500 feet.