maestrabella67

USPA reaction to Duanesburg incident?

Award the DZ a lifetime GM membership and the DZO a golden adaboy, after all nothing brings people out to jump like a dead body.

I think that is in the Governance Manual. :P

Sparky

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I heard they are blaming it all on Jan Meyers...;)

Rich... you made my day.
You get a beer or even a jump, on me, next time I see you.

Keep up the good work.

PS
My name is Jan Meyer.
No s.
Not that anyone cares about that.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

i am in such shock and awe over this whole incident and it drives me nuts because it seems we as the skydiving community only recieve negative media coverage, although recently i have seen alot of positive things in the news, except for a few plane incidents here and there.... but i learned at a cessna dz and we have had 'non skydiving passengers' in our plane and they had to wear a rig with cypress, and the only time that passengers did not wear one was when the plane did not have jumpers ie the door was going to stay shut....it really sucks that it seems we will be losing a drop zone, i know rules are bent here and there but this one bit us in the ass. hopefully this one will work itself out in the end because i have only ever heard good things about that dz as i was certified just north of there at malone parachute club.....

my thoughts are with them

blue skies!!!

id say lets keep the crazy people out of the planes but then our planes would be empty ;)

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

hopefully this one will work itself out in the end because i have only ever heard good things about that dz as i was certified just north of there at malone parachute club.....

Did you hear any good things about all the awesome tickets their pilot held. Comercial, Instrument, Multi Engine.... no? Funny the FAA didn't either.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Did you hear any good things about all the awesome tickets their pilot held. Comercial[sic], Instrument, Multi Engine.... no? Funny the FAA didn't either.

I don't think the pilot's tickets make or break any dropzone anywhere. That's not to say a good pilot doesn't make a difference.
I think when people talk about other dz's the pilot's credentials are never even considered.
When's the last time you talked about a DZ and wondered what ratings the pilot had? Do you even know what ratings the pilot at your dropzone has?